Chapter Eight

Okay, on a few of the days I was writing this chapter, I was in a real big depression phase. It's normal since, you know, I have depression. So, some of it has reflected back onto Logan. Also, chapters will be getting really dark. Like, if you thought Freedom or the OG Little Brat were dark, you aren't ready! Like, I'm not going to say anything but when I get to like really dark parts, don't complain because I have warned you!

I had been exploring the several rooms and floors of the tower. Some I didn't enter because of the S.H.I.E.L.D. agents stationed on those floors. "How hard is it to get a phone in this place?" I mutter to myself. 

"Hello, small Midgardian girl," I hear Loki from behind me. I turn around as I look up at him. 

"What do you want?" I asked with fire in my voice. 

"Well, I was just wondering, why are you here exactly? You could do much better working for me..." he says almost as an offer. 

I pull him down to my level by his tie. "They're afraid of little old me, that's why. As for working for you, I'd rather work for a bug," I answer with a smirk, "Man, I so wish I could kill you right now, but I don't want to be held in a cell as of this moment."  I push him away as I continue walking with my hands in my hoodie's pocket. 

"A bug?! You'd rather work for a bug?!" he yelled at me, "I am a god, don't forget that you filthy mortal!" I rolled my eyes. 

I turn back to look at him. My eyes looked coldly into his boiling green orbs.  "You're not immortal," I chuckle, "You only live longer than us, but in the end, you still die, you can still die and get injured. That isn't immortality, that's dying slower than us and isn't that even more painful? Getting more of a chance to get to know someone for them to just die?" 

He looked at me as if he were sick to the stomach. "Your mother is dead, right? Tell me, how much did hurt to know her for years, to love her for years, but for her to die because of you?" I ask with a sinister smile. 

He continued to stare at me speechless. "What? Cat got your tongue?" I giggle as I walk off. 

Thump. "Fuck!" I yell out simultaneously with the sound of me hitting the floor. Bucky didn't even seem fazed by all the training we did, while I was sweating like a pig. Sure, the mats are of good quality, especially when you're training with a normal person like Nat, but with a super soldier, I knew I was going to have several bruises and possibly a few broken ribs. 

"Nat was right, you have good instincts, but you should really react as soon as though instincts come in" he critiques. I quickly sweep my feet as he begins walking. I knock him onto his back just for a bit of revenge. 

"I do have good instincts, thanks," I say as I walk off to my water bottle. "Hey, Loki," I greet as I see the raven-haired god sitting on the bench next to my water bottle. Well, I guess I didn't see him since he was invisible, but with my observational skills, it was easy. 

He suddenly becomes visible as he asks, "How did you know I was there?" I just shrugged. I sat next to him as I drank my water. 

I could see Bucky glaring at him. I smirk. He cares for me. How sweet. Or maybe he's just worried about that joke I made earlier today. Probably the latter. 

"Woah, you still worried about that joke I made earlier?" I asked him, "Because I wasn't joking and we've got plans to make. Help me walk back to my room, Loki?" 

Loki nods as if he's terrified of Bucky. I stand up as Loki helps me to stay up. 

"Why did you want me to help you? We've only met this morning and talked a little bit later," he asked.