The Sun

'We're dating' Zayn Malik finally admits he and ex-bandmate Harry Styles are in a relationship

The rumoured relationship confirmed at last! Two months after being seen together for the first time, we finally know for sure that there is more between the pair than old friendship. Apparently, they are very much in love.

By Dan Wootton, Associate Editor

29th March 2018, 1:32pm

This was confirmed just last night when Zayn Malik appeared on 'The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon' to promote his sophomore album. Fallon asked not only about his music, but love life as well.

Following his split with model Gigi Hadid, Malik, 25, was believed to be single, giving hope to thousands of fans and also celebrities. Who knew that the star was not so single after all?

For two months, we were all eager to watch Malik and Styles' relationship unfold in front of our very eyes. Since they were photographed together at the 2018's Grammy Awards Afterparty, the two stars were always together. They were seen out and about in New York City and also in Los Angeles. Earlier this month, they were papped holding hands while arriving to a party in West Hollywood. That event pretty much confirmed all of our hopes about their relationship.

Last night, Fallon asked Malik about his past relationship with Hadid and whether any of the songs were about her, to which he replied: "She was great, yeah. We were together for some time but it didn't seem to be working out anymore so we broke up. It wasn't like, ugly or anything. We didn't throw plates at each other and stuff (laugh). And I guess there are some songs inspired by her but not necessarily the break-up ones."

Fallon continued with a question about Styles, 24, asking what prompted their reunion.

Malik said: "We met after like almost three years at a party and then Harry wrote me an email, telling me we should get a drink the next time we see each other and we did. Somehow, we ended up here. It was really easy to fall back into the old routine of always being together."

Fallon had to ask about the rumours about their relationship. Many expected Malik to just laugh it off, but instead, he confirmed them: "Yeah, we're dating. The media wasn't so quick to assume it because we're both men, we had to like, hold hands for them to realize it (laugh). It's also kind of weird for people, I guess, because we used to be in a band together and all that. But yeah, we're together and we're really happy. It's the happiest I've been in a long time."

As shocking and unexpected as it is, we still wish the couple luck and many years together. We cannot wait to see what will the couple's next move be. Perhaps buying a love nest together? Will they last long enough to have the wedding bells ringing for them? We shall wait and see.

Bizarre's Dan Wootton on Malik and Styles' relationship and the band.

If you've been a dedicated One Direction fan, you must know about all the ships everyone used to rave about. One of them is 'Larry', something that drove Louis and Harry apart. I've actually interviewed Louis about it a few years ago. Now, it's funny to see how the tables have turned. Harry and Zayn are not hiding their relationship in the slightest and that makes me incredibly happy. They're open with their love and it also saves me a lot of work. To be honest, they look like a lovely couple and if their pictures are anything to go by, they seem to be obsessed with each other. I wish them all the luck and love. I just wonder: how long has it been going on for?