BF 4

Harry's on the road again in September. By now, he knows the O2 Arena better than his house. The hustle and bustle of backstage, the commotions of tens of thousands of people getting to their seats, the concoction of anxiety and excitement thrumming through his veins. Ever since the very beginning, performing was Harry's favourite part of his job. Nothing could rival it.

Tonight will be hard. He will be singing love songs about someone he hasn't spoken to in months, about someone he will maybe never speak to again. He'll get through it, he won't break down. His heart won't shatter again. Of course, it will require effort, loads of it, but Harry's ready. Nothing can make him hate performing.

When he's on the stage again, thousands of voices screaming at him, Harry feels at peace. He feels like he's come home. He smiles at the crowd, sends a few kisses their way. He fucking adores these people.

As he reaches the mic stand in the middle, the lights nearly go out. The music starts playing, simple guitar strumming melancholy. It's not obvious, it will creep up on you chord after chord.

For a split second, Harry is certain his voice will give out and disappear forever and he won't be able to sing again. It doesn't, and he sings, "Put a price on emotion, I'm looking for something to buy." Harry closes his eyes and clutches the microphone. "You've got my devotion, but man, I can hate you sometimes." The crowd is too silent, Harry realizes as he looks over the arena. He breathes heavily, staring into the light of a million flashlights. "I don't want to fight you, and I don't wanna sleep in the dirt," he continues, keeping his voice steady. "We'll get the drinks in, so I'll get to thinking of her."

Harry needed to put this song first, even if it's new. He needed to repeat to himself, we'll be a fine line, over and over again before pushing on and doing the whole show. He wouldn't be able to go on without the reminder that he will be fine. He will be alright no matter what. He'll get through this. He'll get through everything.

He and Zayn have always been a fine line, the fine line of hate and love was persistent, lingering, everpresent. Will they be alright, as a pair? Harry doesn't harbour much hope. But they will always remain a fine line and they will be alright, even with an ocean and a life between them.

----------------------------------------------

OH MY GOD!!! that was.... a sequence of events. IM SORRY, OKAY? but these two boys have ISSUES they need to deal with before they deserve their happy ending and sometimes, it has to be the hard way 😔 PLEASE PLEASE PLEASEEEEEE leave me some feedback, at least votes because i see lots of people reading this and not voting or anything so please, it means a lot to me if you could take that moment and just vote or leave a comment. thank you for your support on this fic and PLEASE check out my patreon and ko-fi, the links are in my profile, aslo follow me on Instagram @dattumblrgal_ 😊 or just go to patreon.com/dattumblrgal or ko-fi.com/datttumblrgal ☺️