TS 1

"Yeah, babe. I'll see you at home later. I love you. Bye," Harry finishes the call and puts his phone to his back pocket. When he lifts his head up, he's met with two pairs of eyes. One impatient, one teasing.

"What?" he asks, shifting his eyes from his mum's face to Gemma's. Magically, they both advert their gazes and mutter 'Nothing.'. Harry sighs and sits in an armchair opposite the one Gemma's sitting in and next to his mum. He braces his elbows on his things, readying himself for the conversation.

"I know you two want to yell at me, or make fun of me, so go on. Better do it sooner than later." Anne and Gemma share a look, one Harry's always hates and still does, because he's never included in it. It's different from the look he and Gemma exchange when they both fuck up or the one he carefully gives his mum when it's only Gemma getting in trouble.

"Sweetheart," Anne start. "We're just really worried about you."

Harry rolls his eyes like a teenager. He hasn't done it in front of his mum in ages, but now he had to.

"Mum, you don't need to worry. He's not going to leave me again, I won't be a mess. I promise. We're doing this for real and we're in love, so, there's no reason to be worried about me," Harry keeps his voice calm, trying not to sound as exasperated as he actually is. Everyone's meaningless worries about his and Zayn's relationship are really starting to get on his nerves.

"This isn't about Zayn, it's about you," Gemma says. Harry looks at her, confusion clear on his face.

"What do mean about me?"

"You see," Anne says carefully. "You've never been in a proper relationship, love, so we're understandably worried you're going to get... frightened and get yourself hurt. See, Zayn's been in a long-term relationship before. You weren't so you have no idea what to except and what if it isn't what you want, love?"

Harry laughs. He actually laughs to his mum's face, who he loves very much, because she's being completely ridiculous. It's a surprise Gemma hasn't talked her out of giving Harry this stupid lecture about things you should talk about with a thirteen-year-old.

"Mum, I'm twenty-four. I'm an adult and believe it or not, I've been in relationships before. And you know what I expect out of this? Mutual love and support because that's what a relationship should be about. I just want us to be in love and be happy together while doing the stuff we've been doing all along, like our jobs. That's all I want out of it."

"Harry, we're really just worried," Gemma says. Harry scoffs and stands up from his chair.

"I understand you're worried because you love me. And I love you too. But talking to me like I'm some stupid teenager about to get married at seventeen or something, that's just- I expected more from you. Especially you, Gem, since you never let mum get too overprotective."

He walks to the floor-length window of his hotel room and rests his head on the cool glass. The room is quiet and he can basically see the silent conversation his mum and Gemma are having.

"Love, you need to understand. I'm just scared you haven't thought this relationship through. You left Camille for this, she's such a lovely girl, and you and Zayn just jumped into this perhaps a bit too fast," Anne's back to using her I'm-scolding-you-without-you-noticing voice. Harry scoffs and turns around, resting his back against the window.

"Camille and I were just sleeping together. Fucking, sexual intercourse, sin. Whatever you'd like to call it. We weren't in a relationship." Harry can see the remark about it forming on Anne's face. "If you don't support mine and Zayn's relationship just say it," Harry demands before she can go on and on about his past relationships. He's really starting to feel like he's fifteen and dating a thirty-year-old bloke, trying to make it seem normal in front of his mum.