TS 4

"Baby, where's the rest of the baubles?"

"In the kitchen for some reason, I'm getting them right now."

Harry looks at the almost finished Christmas tree in front of him and smiles. These past few days were truly straight out of a cheesy Hallmark rom-com and Harry absolutely loves it. After months and months of touring and being busy with other projects, Harry declared he wouldn't do a single thing from December until after his birthday which probably won't be executed flawlessly, but he can still try. So for almost two weeks, he and Zayn have been doing pretty much nothing useful. The sofa and bed probably have dents shaped like them by now and the staff in their nearest 24/7 grocery store must be coming up with crazy theories as to why are they both home for so long. Harry doesn't care – he's on a break and no one can make him do anything.

It was many blissful days filled with Netflix, fucking and doing domestic shit before the Christmas chaos came around. Still, it isn't the stressful kind of chaos if you make mince pies with your boyfriend and you don't have to fight about what you're going to gift your family members. They didn't have much time for each other before so they sure as hell won't tarnish this time with meaningless fights and fretting over decorations and other things that aren't important. Christmas fever got to them only in the best way – watching Christmas movies together with mulled wine in their hands, baking gingerbread cookies and attempting to do some British pastries, and dressing up Stitch in an elf costume and posting too many videos of him on Instagram. It's been perfect so far and Harry wants to have his life look like that all year round.

"Looks great, babe."

Harry turns around and sees Zayn with a box of baubles in his hand, his face adorned with the smile Harry loves so much. The way Zayn's hair is falling into his eyes is making Harry's heart wring in his chest, the strands inducing a certain softness to him. Harry will personally murder him if he shaves his head again.

"Thank you, love," Harry pecks Zayn on the lips, a thank you for the baubles and an I love you, just because he can kiss him as much as he wants.

"I'm gonna warm up some mulled wine, yeah?"

"Stay here," Harry hums and grasps Zayn's wrist. "We've had plenty wine over dinner, I don't want to have a wine hangover every day. Help me with these."

"Alright, where'd you want them?" Zayn takes Harry's hand in his and pecks the back of it, coming closer and wrapping his arms around Harry's waist.

"Just like... all around. So it makes sense or like, kind of a pattern," Harry stammers. Zayn hums noncommittally and kisses Harry's neck, placing open mouthed kisses along the line of his throat.

"What are you doing, Zayn?"

"Nothing," he mumbles into Harry's skin. Harry gasps when Zayn bites on the skin, sending a shiver down his spine.

"Baby," Harry moans when Zayn grabs his ass, squeezing it with his fingers. "We should finish the tree."

"There's plenty of time for the tree."

Harry doesn't have a good enough argument to oppose that. Actually, he doesn't want to have an opposing argument. They've got the whole night for the tree and full seven days before the Christmas Eve anyways.

"We're gonna fuck on the couch again?" Harry chuckles as Zayn drags him towards the centre of the room.

"Was thinking the carpet maybe?"