👥 080

•••

This was all too much.

So many emotions at one time, crashing down on Yun.

She never felt this exposed, this self-conscious and insecure about herself than at this very moment. With Jeongguk staring at her in the bright light of Jimin's storeroom.

Wow, she totally didn't expect this kind of outcome.

Sure, she's been painting the worst scenarios in her head about how Jeongguk would react once the moment comes when Yun is too soft for the male and dumb enough to make his wish come true.

Scenarios of him laughing at her, leaving the place that instant, and the most painful one: him acting as if everything was fine and once he's left never talking to her again.

That would be something she wouldn't be able to cope with. It would destroy her self-esteem to the point she- ah, never mind.

But even if Yun never felt this insecure before, she also has never felt the need to facepalm more than right now.

"You're Jimin's cousin?"

Yun stared at Jeongguk's surprised expression, debating if the other was serious or not.

"What? No. We said that so you don't-"

"Understand that it's you."

Yun nodded slightly, looking down in shame. Jeongguk kept silent, an irked expression on his face as he looked the other down.

"I-I'm sorry. I didn't mean to lie to you. Again. But you popped up out of nowhere and I-I was panicking and Jimin knew I wasn't ready for you to know so he came up with the cousin idea."

The male averted his gaze to the ground, both were still kneeling on the ground and now with the lights on Yun felt more than awkward in their position.

"Please don't be mad at Jimin, he just wanted to help me."

The girl averted her eyes as well, not standing the scoffing look on the other's face.

Seconds that felt like hours passed in utter silence. Jeongguk didn't utter a single word so Yun figured that there was nothing left to say. She felt her chest tighten at that realization.

"I-I think you should leave."

Yun's words were breathed out, uncertainly hung in the air as she lowered her sad gaze to her fiddling hands.

"You're kicking me out?"

Yun's head snapped up at this, staring into Jeongguk's angered face.

"N-no, I just figured you're done with me so I didn't want you to feel obligated to stay."

Jeongguk scoffed at this.

"I understand that you're mad because I broke your trust again, Guk. I'm sorry again. I know you won't forgive me a second time so I can understand if you leave and never-"

"Broke my trust?"

The male repeated, fixing the girl with his gaze, making her look down.

"The only thing I'm mad about is that I haven't realized earlier."

To say Yun was confused by this was an understatement.

"I was lying awake, thinking, imagining. If your hair looks as soft as it feels, if your voice suits the color of your eyes and if you're really that short like you feel next to me. And all this damn time I had the answer?? Like directly presented in front of my face. I already met the person I was longing to see for months a long time ago. God, at Jimin's house I'm so fucking dense!"