👥090💬

I'm late so here's a super long chap

•••

It was in grade six.

The last time Yun cried over a boy. She had a stupid crush on the kid who could run the fastest.

Everyone had a crush on him. He was popular, handsome, athletic, funny, cute. All the girls swooned over him.

Yun thought she was special to him and confessed to the boy. At the end of the day, she cried herself to sleep. Yun was in grade six when she promised herself to never cry over a boy again.

And here she was. Sobbing in Jimin's arms as if the world was about to go down. At first, she didn't feel like crying at all. She felt numb in front of Jeongguk's door, she felt shocked on her way back, she felt angry when she went over to Jimin's house. And when Jimin opened his door and asked her what happened, it all came out.

But this was different. This was worse. Jeongguk wasn't a stupid childhood crush. He was her friend. Her first real friend. A friend that was always there for her, supported her no matter what. Yun owed him all the good things in her life, like the other friends she has or had by now or her parents becoming softer on her. And now that very friend thought of her like this? This low? That she sold their friendship for money? It was honestly worse than any heartbreak she's ever had.

She lost track of time of how long she was lying there, in Jimin's arms, wetting his shirt all over again. At some point she didn't even make a sound, only silent tears running down her face. And that was the point Jimin swore to himself to slap Jeongguk to Madagascar.

•••

"It's gonna be fine."

Jimin attempted to comfort Yun for the hundredth time. The girl was sat on his bed, back against the wall and hugging his pillow for dear life.

"He hates me."

Jimin sighed again.

"No, he does not. He's just overwhelmed. Give him time to figure everything out."

The girl shook her head at this, gaze fixed on something Jimin couldn't quite catch.

"You should have seen him. His eyes. He truly hates me."

The male shuffled closer to Yun, engulfing her in a hug.

"He just hates what happened. He's clearly at his worst right now and thinks it's because of you but-"

"That's it! How can he think that? How can he believe that-that I would do such a horrible thing? To sell our friendship, to damage his career. He's so fucking important to me, I would never-"

Yun just stopped talking at some point and hid in Jimin's shoulder. She believed if she just tried hard enough she would be able to hide from Jeongguk's burning glare that was engraved in her memory. That very glare combined with the venomous words that still spun through her head, created an unbearable pain, strong enough to consume her body.

"Did Yoongi text you anything new?"

"No, I'm afraid they figured you're with me. The last thing he said was that they were having an emergency meeting with the company tonight and that Jeongguk's manager was very angry."

Yun hummed at this. The reporters at Jeongguk's home were only the first wave of consequences of this whole scandal and that made her sad.

"Do you feel better now?"