10 x reader

Imagine the doctor doesn't remember you

The last time you had seen the doctor was roughly a year ago. He was dying, and it was all your fault. He had grown too close to you and would do anything to make sure you were out of harms way. That's when you decided that it was best if he forgot you. He had cried and begged you not to make him forget, but you loved him too much and couldn't bare to see him give up his life for yours. So you did what you had to. You pressed the button and he blacked out, waking up hours later to have no memories of you. Still, that was better than him being dead.

Today was a regular day. Boring like always. You were just about to get into your car when you heard that familiar thrumming sound. Something you hadn't heard in ages. You smiled to yourself as you looked around, eagerly waiting for the blue box to appear. As the thrumming got louder, you decided to follow the sound. As you did, you were lead into an alleyway where the blue box was standing. "Oh I've missed you" You squealed as you ran over to the box and hugged it. You then stepped away, not knowing what to do next. With a rush of excitement over washing your body, you knocked on the Tardis door before hiding around the other side. You heard the door creak open and someone step out.

"Hello?" You heard the doctor speak. Your heart began to thud violently in your chest as tears threatened to fall. You sniffed before wiping them away and coming face to face with The Doctor. "Oh. Hello" He smiled at you, but then his faced dropped. "Did you knock on my door?" He asked suspiciously. "Yeah" You managed to croak out. "But, how? The Tardis is shielded, you shouldn't be able to see it" Ten explained to you, not knowing that you already knew everything about the Tardis and him. "Well, it's not shielded. I can clearly see the big blue box standing in an alleyway opposite my street" You laughed, earning a soft smile from the doctor. "So, what's your name then?" He asked. "y/n." You replied, slightly blushing. "And what's yours?" You asked with a chuckle. "They call me The Doctor" He grinned. "They? Or do you just call yourself that?" You giggled. "Oh, erm" The Doctor struggled to think of an answer. "I was joking" You sighed. "Oh, sorry. I'm bad with humor" He smiled. There was a minute or two of silence between the two of you, but it was a comfortable kind. "y/n, do you want to see something amazing?" He then asked. You looked at him with a smile. His hands were in his pockets and he looked very nervous. "No thanks" You replied before turning around.

"Wait what?" The Doctor squealed as he jumped in front of you. "I'm late for work" You scoffed as you tapped your watch. "I promise, it'll only take a few seconds" He smiled before grabbing your hand and pulling you into the Tardis.  He looked at you, waiting for a reaction. Of course, you had already seen it all before but you wanted to make The Doctor happy so you said exactly what he wanted to hear. "Oh my god!" You gasped as you twirled around. "It's bigger!" You scoffed. "It's actually bigger. On the inside" You laughed as you held The Doctor by his shoulders and shook him slightly. "Yeah, I.. I live here. I noticed that" He grinned. "And what the hell is this?" You asked as you ran over to the control panel. "Don't touch anything!" The Doctor yelled, only a little too late as you had already pulled the leaver and pressed a few buttons. "Oops" You smirked as the Tardis started to make a vworping sound before taking off. The movement caused you to jolt to the side, The Doctor catching you before you hit the floor. As the Tardis landed, The Doctor looked at you with a small smirk upon his lips. "You did that on purpose" He scoffed. "Damn right I did" You whispered before getting up and running towards the doors. "Come on then, show me something awesome" You smirked at him.