11 X Reader

Summary:
He tries to stop you from killing Jex after you find out that he created the GunSlinger

(based off A Town Called Mercy - 7x03)

"Don't shoot!" You squeal as the GunSlinger stands over you. "I know who you are... And I know who Jex is too" You tell him, watching as he powers down his weapon. You sigh in relief as you climb out of Jex's escape pod and pat yourself down. "I know who he is, and I know what he's done- but I don't understand why you don't just go into that town and kill him" You scoff at the cyborg in front of you. "People get in the way" He replies vaguely. "I know you want justice- and you deserve it" You exclaim. "Just as well; because there will be no more warning shots, I'll kill the next person to step over that line, make sure it's Jex" He says before disappearing, and you start walking back to the town.

As you step over the line, you march towards the Marshall's office, ready to expose Jex; and as you near them, you can hear him talking to Eleven and the Ponds. "He's lying" You state as you barge in, and they all turn to look at you. "Y/n we heard Jex's alarm go off for his escape pod- was that you?" Amy asks. "Not now" You snap at her, your eyes glued on Jex. "Every word, every single word he has said- it's all lies. This man is a murderer!" You shout as you walk closer to Jex. "I am a scientist" He protests, but you can practically hear the guilt in his voice.

"Y/n what's going on? What did you find?" The Doctor questions as he places his hands on your shoulders. "Yes, the alarm was me- I found his escape pod" You sigh as you glance at Amy. "But Jex said it triggered some sort of self destruct" Rory adds. "That's why I took this- used it to stop the countdown" You mutter the last part as you pull the Doctor's sonic out of your pocket and hand it back to him. "How did you even get that?" Eleven gawps as he checks his own pockets to make sure it really is his, before placing his hands on your shoulders again. "Never mind that- we have a murderer to deal with" You tut as you shrug his hands off  of you and turn to Jex.

"Tell them what you are" You order him. "What I am? I'm a war hero" He replies with a certain glee. "Okay does somebody want to tell me what's going on?" Rory mumbles. "How do you know all this y/n?" You then hear the Doctor ask you. "Your sonic is pretty handy at allowing me to snoop through other people's personal information" You tell him, your eyes still on Jex. "So after I stopped the self-destruct, I checked out his files. Turns out this guy is a murderer, The GunSlinger is a cyborg, and he is the one who created him" You spit at the man in front of you.

"Why? Why would you do that?" The Doctor groans at him. "We'd been at war for nine years. A war that had already decimated half of our planet. Our task was to bring peace, and we did. We built an army that routed the enemy and ended the war in less than a week. Do you want me to repent, to beg forgiveness for saving millions of lives?" Jex scoffs at both you and the Doctor. "And how many died screaming on the operating table before you'd found your advantage?!" You snap as you take a step closer to him. "War is another world. You cannot apply the politics of peace to what I did" He simply states.

"What happened then? How come you're here?" Rory speaks up. "When the war ended, we had the Cyborgs decommissioned; but one of them must have got its circuitry damaged in battle. It went offline and began hunting down the team that created it until just two of us were left. I fled, and my ship crashed here" He tells him, turning his face away from you to look at the others. "So, what do we do with him?" Rory asks the Doctor. "He saved this town from Cholera, he gave them heat and light" Amy argues as the Doctor continues to rub his temple, thinking of what to do.

"No, Amelia" You scoff, and the Doctor stops to look at you. "He is a war criminal!" You yell at her. "And don't you think we should put that aside? Find another solution?" She disputes. "Another solution? It's him or us" Rory chimes in. "When did we start letting people get executed? Did I miss a memo? Doctor- tell them" Amy urges him. "Maybe Amy's right, maybe we should think about this" The Doctor sighs at you. "Oh shut the hell up" You sneer at him before reaching for the gun that's on the table. "Y/n put that down, please!" He cries out as you hold it in line with Jex's head.

"Like Rory said- it's him or us" You mutter. "And what makes you any better if you just kill him?" The Doctor whispers. "Please, just put it down" He asks again. "We could end this right now- we could save everyone!" You snap at him. "This isn't how we roll and you know it. When did killing someone become an option?" Amy interjects. "He has to pay for his crimes" You sigh loudly as you put your finger on the trigger. "No no no y/n don't!" She shrieks as she lunges forward. "We've got to be better than him" You hear the Doctor say. Taking a few seconds to think, you then roll your eyes before reluctantly lowering the gun. "Thank you" Jex sighs out. "Shut up" You hiss at him before whacking the side of his head with the gun, knocking him unconscious "Y/n!" The Doctor tuts, not particularly surprised that you would do something like that.

You look over at Amy and see her holding her hand out. "Give!" She demands, and you groan as you harshly place the gun in her hand before storming out. "What do we do now?" Rory quizzes. "I'll think of something" The Doctor sighs before walking out after you. He sees you sitting on steps and decides to take a seat besides you. "Why did you let him live?" He asks after a few seconds. "Because you told me to?" You scoff at him. "No- you don't ever listen to anyone, let alone me; so why?" He asks again, but you simply turn your face away in silence. "I'll tell you why- because even after all that suffering; you're kind. Your heart is so big and so broken, but there's still kindness underneath it all" He smiles as you turn to face him again. "Were you always such a softie?" You chuckle at him.