11 x Reader

imagine you've gone back almost 400 years in time, and you use your phone to record one of the knights cheating in a battle

[Doctor Who x Merlin Crossover]

"Doctor?" You call, peering out of the Tardis. "This doesn't look like Edinburgh to me" You scoff. "What? I'm sure I put in the right coordinates" The doctor mumbles as he walks over to you. "I guess I'll try again" He sighs. "No!" You yell, almost too eagerly. "Sorry- it's just, do you hear that?" You ask him excitedly. "What, the wind?" He asks skeptically. You slap his arm playfully and push him out of the Tardis, following after him. "Over there. It's gotta be a fight or something, they're all shouting" You explain with a grin. "Come on!" You squeal, grabbing his hand and running towards the noise.

"Valiant wins this round!" You hear a bold voice say as you turn the corner, reaching what seems like an arena, filled with hundreds of people. "Doctor," You sigh heavily. "How far back are we?" You groan. "Well, Id say" He begins, as he licks his finger and puts it in the air. "About 400 years" He then smiles widely. You shake your head, looking around the place. "Yeah, looks it" You mumble. "He's dead" An old man announces. The doctor and you both turn towards the voice and see the man kneeling over one of the contestant's body's.

"What's going on?" You quiz, about to walk towards them but the doctor pulls you back. "Let's not draw attention to ourselves just yet" He whispers. "I saw the shield! It was like it came alive!" You then hear a younger man say. "Look Merlin- without proof, they won't believe a word of a servant" The old man huffs before carrying the body away. As the young boy walks past you, you grab onto his arm. "Merlin, right?" You ask. "Uhm yes, Can I help you?" He gulps. "Sorry" You chuckle awkwardly as you let him go.

"What happened out there?" You then ask him. "You wouldn't believe me" Merlin sighs. "Try me" You scoff. He hesitates for a moment but then pulls you into a corner. "Oi what about me!" The doctor yells. "Doctor!" You snap, giving him a glare. "Now, tell me" You declare, facing Merlin again. "One of the knights- Valiant. He's using a magic shield. Every one of his opponents have snake bites on their necks and every one of them have ended up dead" The young boy explains. "So why don't you tell someone?" You quiz. "Like anyone would believe me" He scoffs. "You know, I think I can help you. I just need to catch him doing it again" You smirk.

"Whatever you are thinking y/n, don't" The doctor calls from behind you. "Doctor, I can use my phone to record him" You sigh as you walk towards him and Merlin follows. "Who are you two anyway?" Merlin then asks. "Travellers" The doctor grins widely. "Ah. No wonder you're dressed so weirdly" He then chuckles. "What a little shit" You mutter under your breath. "Pardon?" Merlin scoffs. "I said, Let's do this!" You lie, grinning. "Well, it's about to start so I suggest we watch from here and then you can catch him" Merlin suggests.

As the three of you stand there watching the fight, you take your phone out. "What the bloody hell is that!" Merlin yells. "A phone?" You scoff, but then realise he's probably way behind your time. "It's uhm- a device. That I'm gonna use to catch Valiant cheating" You add. "Well, watch closely because he'll use the shield any second now" Merlin sighs. You open the camera app and begin recording, zooming in as Valiant pushes his opponent to the ground. "Oh my god" Both the doctor and you whisper in unison as the snakes on his shield come alive and bite his opponent.

Everyone starts cheering and once again, Valiant is crowned the winner. "Do you have the evidence?" Merlin asks eagerly. "Yeah, now let's go" You smirk, running into the middle of the arena. "y/n!" The doctor yells as he chases after you, as does Merlin. "What is the meaning of this?" A young man asks as he approaches you all. "Merlin? What is this?" He asks again. "We have proof. That Valiant is a cheat! He is using magic to kill his opponents!" Merlin yells, and the crowd begins to gasp and start chanting stuff. "Come with me. All of you" The blonde man then says as he walks over to the king. "Father, Merlin and these other two" He begins, but then turns towards you. "I'm sorry, but who exactly are you?" He quizzes. "I'm y/n, and this is the doctor." You smile. "Hello" The doctor grins from behind you.

"So you have proof of Valiant cheating?" The boy's father asks. "Yes." You nod your head. "Sir. Sire- You're lord?" You add awkwardly, not knowing what to address him as. "Arthur, bring them in, we shall deal with this inside. Valiant! You shall come too" The king calls.

After you're all inside, you take it upon yourself to defend Merlin. "Your lord, I can tell you that Merlin isn't lying. That knight is using magic to bring the snakes on his shield to life" You explain. "Liar!" Valiant booms. "Are you that much of a coward that you get your pathetic friends to make up lies about me?" He snarls at Arthur. "Enough!" The doctor yells, startling you all. "Sorry, I've just always wanted to do that" He chuckles and you shake your head at him.

"I have proof" You then state, taking out your phone. "What is that?" The king asks. "Proof" You sigh as you put the video on and show it to him. "Alas! The girl is telling the truth!" Arthur's father yells. "That device thing is sorcery! She's the one using magic!" Valiant snaps in defence. "It's a phone you knucklehead" You scoff as you put it back into your pocket. "It seems like you're the only coward here" Arthur mocks. "You know the rules Valiant. Any kind of magic used in Camelot is punishable by death. Guards! Seize him!" The king shouts.

"Your death will commence at noon" He states before the guards drag Valiant away. "Thank you, for sticking up for me" Merlin then smiles as he turns to you. "It was nothing" You blush. "I guess I owe you an apology Merlin. I'm sorry I didn't believe you" Arthur sighs. As the two of them converse, the doctor pulls you aside. "You've been so independent today" He states. "And i'm proud of you" He smiles, hugging you tightly.

"Uhm, y/n?" You hear Merlin call and you pull away from the doctor. "Would you like to join us in a feast?" He asks. "Of course! I'm actually starving I didn't even eat breakfast" You giggle. "I shall never forget this. You have saved my son's life and helped us get rid of a dangerous sorcerer. We are very thankful" The king then announces. "It wasn't a problem. And who knows? Maybe we'll be back here again" You grin. "Won't we doctor?" You smile at him. "No, it's far too dangerous" He scoffs, earning an eye roll from you. "I'm joking!" He laughs as he pushes you playfully. "Now, how about that feast?" You smirk.