11 x Reader

[request]~ Imagine your aunt gives you a Tardis key

"Look out for a blue police box". Those were the last words your aunt had muttered before she closed her eyes forever. You had held on tightly to the key she had given you as the doctors rushed into the room. You were only 12 and didn't understand what she had meant but you had promised that you would look out for a blue box.

Nearly a decade later, after giving up hope, you had found it. Or more like it found you. Years after your aunt had died, you forgot about the key until one day you decided to clear up your attic. You'd found the key sitting on top of a dusty pile of toys. When you picked it up, it seemed to glow lightly. You were about to put it away when you heard a soft thrumming from outside. You quickly stood up, your hold tightening around the key as you ran down the stairs and out of the house, into your back garden. You grinned to yourself as you saw a blue police box appearing.

As the box fully appeared, you slowly walked towards it, but jumped back a little when one of the doors opened and a tall, skinny figure stepped out. "How did you do that?" The strange man asked. "Do what?" You quizzed. "Bring my Tardis here" He stated as he walked in circles around you, carefully examining every detail before suddenly grabbing your hand. "Where did you get that from?" He questioned as he glared at the key in your hand. "Someone gave it to me!" You snapped as you pulled your hand away. "So you really are him? You're the doctor?" You grinned as you looked over to the blue box and then back at him. "How do you know who I am? And who gave you the key?" He continued to question. "And that must be your Tardis" You smiled, ignoring his question as you ran up to it. "Yes, yes it is. So tell me,. Who gave you the key?" The doctor asked again. "My aunty. She gave it to me about 10 years ago. Before she died" You whispered.

"Your aunty?!" The doctor yelped, causing you to jump. "Why are you shouting!" You squealed as you hit his arm. "I'm sorry, who's your aunty?" He quizzed. "Sarah" You replied. And as you did, you saw his smile drop. "Sarah who?" He gulped. "Sarah Jane Smith" You answered with a small smirk.