The Wandmaker's Granddaughter Tries to Fly

Come to me.

The voice blew through Amelia's dream like the wind outside Gryffindor tower.

Having had a very full day of excitement and exercise Amelia had fallen into a deep sleep as soon as her head had hit her pillow.  She had not been expecting the voice to come to her tonight.  Here she was, however, being lulled out of bed, the enticing voice coaxing her out of her warm blankets, through the common room, and out into the freezing halls.  Being in such a deep slumber, the voice had its full power over her in this moment. 

Come.

She stumbled through the night not knowing where she was going or what she was doing. Only that she needed to find the voice.  Through corridors and up stair cases she wandered, pulled to the forest by the voice in her dreams.

Not a soul, living or dead, wandered about.  Her path had been carefully laid out to avoid any detection.  Amelia shivered in her bed clothes as she climbed higher and higher, the castle seeming to take her where she needed to go.

Come.

A different voice began to call to her name faintly through her dreams.

Amelia.

She could see it now, the edge of the woods was just in reach.  A few more steps and she would be outside, crossing the grounds.

Amelia.

The other voice grew closer behind her but it sounded familiar.  Amelia's footsteps slowed as her dream addled brain tried to decipher who was calling to her.

COME.

The icy air whipped through the door in front of her.

AMELIA!

The other, more familiar, voice broke through her trance and Amelia woke on the ledge of the Astronomy tower.   The wind tossing her hair across her face and tearing at her loose clothes.  Her eyes widened with fear as she began to fully realize where she was and what had been about to happen.

A hand grabbed Amelia away from the edge as the terror began to consume her.  She looked to see James pulling her away from the ledge. 

"Wake up!" He yelled as she looked back towards the forest.

Amelia sat down, collapsing to the floor in fear. She continued to stare out to the edge of the woods as James dropped down to look at her.

"What was that?" He asked trying to hide how his voice wavered from the adrenaline. Amelia pulled her legs to her chest and hugged them tightly. Tears began to build in her eyes as she thought about the voice.

"Nothing," she mumbled quietly.

"You just tried to walk off the Astronomy tower," James said. Amelia looked at him. The secret hiding behind her eyes as he tried to find it.

"I'm cold," Amelia said shakily standing with help from James.

"Let's go back to the common room."