The Wandmaker's Granddaughter Gets a few Death Threats

Nero arrived with much the same attitude towards the current situation that James had had minus all out bursts and facial expressions. They glared at each other throughout much of their warmups using the remainder of their energy to curse at Amelia.

Eventually, it was time to start sparring.

"Mr. Potter and Mr. Anumon, I think I speak for everyone when I say neither of you should spar for the time being. For we would like to keep our dueling room in one piece at the present. Why don't we begin with Ms. Ollivander and Mr. Potter for now," Headmistress McGonaggal said looking up from the crossword puzzle she'd plucked out fo the Daily Prophet.

Amelia and James walked up to the platform and prepared for the go. As soon as the headmistress yelled start James was laying flat on the floor completely immobilized.

"You need to protect yourself," Amelia said walking over and unlocking him.

"I know," James said red faced glancing over at Nero.

"Do you know the spell?" Amelia asked.

"I know the spell," James snapped quietly.

"Maybe Nero should have a turn now," Amelia said quietly.

"No, I can do it," he said turning back to his side of the platform. Once they were in position Headmistress McGonaggal gave another start and just like the last time James was flattened by another perfectly aimed spell.  Huffing to his feet, James glared at Amelia getting into position.

"Why don't you attack first?" Amelia asked. James nodded.

Minutes passed by as James desperately tried to land a spell on Amelia. By the time Headmistress McGonaggal stopped the match sweat was pouring down James' face while Amelia was barely winded. Nero was half asleep slumped over in his chair as he watched the slaughter on stage.

"Why don't you give someone else a chance to practice?" Nero said to James who was stubbornly sticking to his spot on stage.

"Maybe a water break would give you a bit more energy," Amelia said shyly to James. James glared at her through his sweat drenched hair.

"Fine," James grumbled swapping spots with Nero.

The match between Nero and Amelia was a much more lively affair. Spells and charms flew through the air as both opponents tried to get the upper hand. A rainbow of colors decorated the air as each spell collided with another and James watched vehemently over the top of his water bottle. Amelia finally gained the upper hand and Nero went zooming off the back of the platform.

"Ugh," Nero let out an angry grunt as he lay on the ground.

"I believe that's thirty eight to zero," Amelia said as an enchanted chalk stick floated up and marked the score on the chalk board at hand. A light glisten of sweat coated Amelia's forehead but otherwise she seemed to enjoy the exercise.

"Some day I'll find your weakness Ollivander," Nero grumbled.

"When you find it let me know," James said picking up his wand and walking to the stage.

"Boys, I must remind you that death threats are not allowed on campus," the headmistress said over her cup of earl grey.

"Next your gonna tell me I can't have a talking wolf for a pet," James said.

"You might think it's funny Mr. Potter," Headmistress McGonaggal chided. "But that rule was made because of your grandfather."