The Wandmaker's Granddaughter Reveals her Secrets

Amelia and James sat in the Gryffindor common room in front of a roaring fire as the night wind continued to howl.  Amelia sat wrapped in her blankets looking into the fire while James sat on the couch watching her.

"When did you get back?" Amelia asked.

"A little while ago, I was just going to get ready for bed when I saw you leaving the common room," he said. 

"Thank you," Amelia whispered burying her head into the blankets.  They stayed like that for a while.  Two souls comforting each other just by existing.

"I have these dreams," Amelia finally began.  "There's a man calling to me from the woods.  I've never seen him but his voice sounds so calming.  If I fall asleep, I'll follow the voice and try to go to the woods.  When I'm awake, I still hear the voice.  I can tell if I fall asleep it's going to take me to the woods so I try and run from it.  When you stopped me, I thought I was just going to the woods, I hadn't realized where I was."

Amelia glanced over at James.

"Have you told a teacher?" James asked.

"No.  They'll send me to St. Mungo's.  I would rather die than go there," Amelia said looking back into the fire.

"Why?  Have you been there before?" He asked.

"Once," Amelia said before silence fell over them again. 

"You have to promise you wont tell anyone," Amelia said with glints of both murder and fear in her eyes.  James looked at her as he thought. 

"I promise," he said letting Amelia relax for a break moment. "But I have one condition."

"What is it?" Amelia asked causing James to grin his lopsided grin.

"You have to help me with dueling club," he said with mischief glinting across his face.

"Of course," Amelia said matching his expression.  That was something she knew she could do. 

How hard could it be?