The Wandmaker's Granddaughter Gets an Answer

"I can't believe Hufflepuff won the house cup," James said leaning against the compartment windows. 

The British country side rolled past on an unusually sunny day as the Hogwarts Express sped back towards Platform 9 3/4.  Amelia and Lucy played with Rowan as James contemplated his choices in life.

"Well they did win the Quidditch cup and Senior Duelling Championship.  It's not really that unbelievable," Lucy said.

" I also think it might have had something to do with the seventh years putting dragon dung in all the teacher's and headmistress' office," Amelia pointed out.

"I don't know why they would get in trouble for that, it was funny," James argued.

"It smelled," Lucy said with Amelia nodding in agreement. 

The compartment door slammed open startling Rowan who began hooting dramatically.  Amelia tried to calm him down as the trio turned to see Nero dragging Larry by the arm.

"Hey, what's up?" James asked.

"Tell them," Nero said to Larry.

"Come on, it was just meant to be a laugh," Larry argued. Nero stared at him boring into Larry's soul.

"Fine, so, I'm the one who conjured the vine that dragged you into the woods," Larry said sheepishly to the ground.

"What?" Amelia asked.

"I didn't want you to beat Slytherin in the junior duelling competition so I found this potion that makes a vine do what you command. I just wanted it to like, hold you in the woods for a bit, maybe scare you, I didn't mean to break your leg or hurt you," Larry said ending his explanation with nothing more than a whisper.

"You did what?" James asked standing, reaching for his wand.

"Sit down James," Lucy said before he could do something stupid.

"But you never went into the forest? You just made the vine?" Amelia asked.

"Ya. I'm not mental, the forbidden forest is forbidden for a reason you know," Larry said.

"Yet you'd send me in there," Amelia said with a bit of Lucy's sass thrown in.

"Ummmm."

"That's fine. We won't tell, but if we ever need a favor in the future, I hope you help us out," Amelia said.

"Of course," Larry squeaked out before scurrying away.

"I'm surprised at you Ollivander, you got a little Slytherin in you after all," Nero said.

"It seems you have a little Gryffindor in you as well," Amelia said.

"See you all next year," Nero said before closing the door and leaving.