Chapter 27: The Delivery

James POV

I pull up my hood and mask as my horse slowly gallops onto the American camps soil. I was dressed to blend in and be easily forgotten about.

I stop the horse and slowly climbed off it and onto the much former soil of the American camp. I sighed and looked around for someone to hand the letter to. That's when I see a bald dark man heading in my direction.

I put my head high but keep my face hidden. "Excuse me sir, but do you know Y/N Hamilton?" I asked.

The man stared at me confused. "I know an M/M Hamilton and an Alexander Hamilton. But I'm afraid I don't know a Y/N Hamilton." He said hesitantly. Stupid stupid stupid! Of course she'd use a fake name. I look at the man and give him my best smile. "Could you possibly give Alexander this?" I ask handing over the letter.

The man looked down at the letter and bit his bottom lip. Hesitation decorated his face. But finally he breathed out and replied. "Sure, can I just ask who the letter is from?" He asked taking the letter from my hand.

I lean forwards so that my mouth is right next to his ear. "Tell him it's from M/M and that James delivered it." I pull back away from the man, a look of both shock and horror now covered his face. Of course he'd heard of his fellow soldier being missing, a good soldier suddenly disappearing isn't something to be forgotten about.

I turn back to my horse and quickly climb onto her, I grinned down at the man, he was still stood in the same spot as before. Eyes wide, mouth open.

I turned the horse around and began to ride back to my lodge without another word.

Alexander's POV

Eliza and I had been in town all day walking around shopping. Eliza said it was to take my mind off of Y/N being missing. Did she really think that something like shopping, which mainly involved me following her around as if I was an obedient dog, would stop me from thinking about my sister?

Just as the horse and carriage stopped where I needed to get off, Eliza turned to me. "Alexander I'm worried about you..." She said to me, her blue eye filled with a child like innocence.

I give her my sweetest smile. "You have nothing to be worried of." I reassured her in a calming tone, a soft smile on my lips.

"Alex, are you getting enough sleep?" She asked putting her hand out and touching the dark grey circles around my eyes.

I gave her a grin and stepped out of the carriage. "What is sleep?" I asked, half joking and half serious.

I nod over at the driver, who yanks on his reigns, a signal for the horses to start walking again, which is what they do. I waved Eliza off as I watched the carriage fade away.

She's right though. I haven't slept in days, I'm just running on a shot of vodka in the morning. The worry for my sister is beginning to get to me. God knows what it's doing to Lafayette... I was mad when they first got together, I though he was just going to use her then dump her when he was bored.

But now, the way he cries himself to sleep, the way he muttered her name when he does sleep... He really does care about my sister... I was so stupid... Why did I ever fight the both of them?

Lafayette's POV

I bet I look a mess. I haven't slept, barely eaten and God knows the last time I washed and brushed my hair.

I'd been staring up at the roof of the tent for maybe.... I don't know, I think I fell asleep but I don't remember. Maybe I just stared up at the roof, thinking about everything life has to offer me... At this point nothing... I feel as though my life ended when Y/N was taken. 

I sighed and sat up, I could hear the footsteps coming towards the tent, I put a fake smile on and tried to look welcoming.

Then I saw a familiar bald head, "Uhhh, knock knock?" Aaron  said as he leaned against the pole that held the front of the tent up. 

"Burr, what do you want?" I said in an exasperated voice and flopped back down onto the bed with a sigh.

"I came to give you this, some shady guy came on a horse and asked me to give it to Alex, but you can give it to him for me ..." He threw a white letter at me, it looked stained with dirt and not in the best condition. It landed on my stomach.

"Oh... Thanks Burr." I nodded but didn't move to pick up the letter, I then layed on the bed in silence as I listened to Burr's soft footsteps leave the tent.

I know this is short but I needed somewhere to end this because it felt wrong switching to someone else POV- also I'm so excited for some new characters that are going to be added 😝.