Chapter 32: Family... I guess?

Lafayette turned over again, for what felt like the hundredth time, he was tired but restless. He couldn't sleep. He wouldn't sleep. Not till Y/N was back.

It was dark, none of them knew what time it was, but they were all awake, waiting for the mysterious person Johanne had said about, none of them wanted to risk sleeping and missing him.

Unfortunately the camp had been silent for hours, not a single noise apart from the odd guard walking by on night duty.

"I don't think he's ever going to come..." Alexander sighed after a moment, he hated the silence and needed to say something.

"He will, why would Johanne lie?" John asked and sat up, "Us John's are honest people," he smiled weakly, trying to lighten the mood a little.

A light chuckle went through the tent, except, it didn't come from any of the boys. It came from a figure, stood omniously in the door way, a cigarette dangled from the figures lips, lighting his face up slightly. "I believe I'm the one you've been waiting for?" He asked and stepped into the tent, candle light lighting him up fully.

In front of them stood a man, slightly older then Alex. His eyes were a dazzling blue and he had light stubble dotted on his face, a small scar rested on his cheek, it didn't look fresh but it was certainly noticeable. His hair was a very light brown, almost dirty blonde in the light.

"Do you know where Y/N is!? Have you found her!" Alex and Lafayette shot up at the same time, but Alex managed to get his words out first.

The man nodded, "I've found her, haven't managed to retrieve her yet... I need a little help for that part," the man chuckled. "So get 'yer arses up. You fuckers are helping me." He chuckled and turned on his heel, not waiting for anyone. But he could hear them scrambling to get out of the tent and follow him. He didn't speak a word as he pulled himself into the grey and chocolate coloured horse of his, it's braided tail twitching softly.

With in ten minutes all five of them were riding, the man leading the way.

"So, do we get to learn your name?" Lafayette shouted out softly, the man slowed down so they were going the same speed, "It's Peter. Peter Lavien. I'm Johanne's son." He smiled and looked directly at Alex.  "I know we've never properly met Alexander, but Y/N always spoke rather highly of you."

Alex grumbled and bared his teeth at Peter. "That's fair." Peter sighed and cracked his neck. "How did you know Y/N? How do you and your father know her? I get... Technically we're related, but I don't understand how you know her so well." Alex asked curiously, his head tilted to one side.

"Oh well, it's sort of confusing and really easy to understand I guess? Johanne and James have always been really good friends and in a way Y/N and I were raised almost side by side, we trained together. And when uncle James died my father offered to take her in, but she declined. Hell she was offered a place at the-" Peter stopped himself and swallowed, "Well, that part doesn't matter, but she chose to go on her own. Which makes this all really weird... She's always preferred to be alone really, she's practically survived this long alone. Weird that she's sort of settled down ya know? Never thought I'd see my little sis with a suitor either. She seemed to keep away from everyone in that sense after they hung Anne."

Peter was definitely a bit of a talker. "There all stories for her to tell, she doesn't like when others tell her stories," he chuckled and looked back at the boys. "I've managed to track her down to an English camp about a mile further, I couldn't get a name of who brought her in but it honestly just seems like it's a bounty hunter who got lucky. Can we please do this quietly as well? They've got extra guards on duty so be quiet and keep your voices down. Just get her and get out, that's all we have to do..." He smiled back at them.