Chapter 30: The Return Of The Mercy.

Hi guys! I'm trying some new writing techniques, do you guys want first person POV or third person POV?

No one's POV

The entire ride over to the 'Mercy Bar Lafayette's was nervous, his stomach was twisting and he felt jumpy.

John seemed to have his usual, bouncy, puppy dog like personality back already. Since she'd been gone everyone's excitement and happiness had seemed to drain with each passing day she wasn't with them.

"John, will you just calm down!" Alex snapped suddenly at him. His dark greasy hair waving slightly, the other boys happy personality was getting under his skin. The smaller male didn't want any of them to get their hopes up, they didn't even know where she was yet. He didn't want to set them all up for heart break.

John's bottom lip wobbled slightly and he stated down at the carriage floor, tears in his eyes. "Sorry..." He whimpered, voice cracking slightly.

"Alex." Lafayette gave Alexander a disapproving look, nobody got away with making his Johnny upset.

"Well I'm sorry! We might not even get to her in time!" Alexander retaliated, he was scared, scared he'd never see his sister ever again. For the second time in his life he might be watching his sister, his only blood family slip away from him for the second time. He couldn't do this again...

Suddenly the carriage pulled to a stop, flinging Alex forward and onto John's lap face first, making Lafayette smirk and John blush a bright red.

"Keep it for the bedroom boys. You'll be dead if anyone ever saw you like this." Lafayette was slightly smirking as he spoke in a light hearted tone but there was also an undertone of a warning in it.

"Oh shut up Lafayette!" John mumbled quietly, but didn't immediately push Alex off, it didn't really matter, Hercules and Lafayette already knew about the two.

"Screw off." Alex muttered and moved so he was sitting back up properly just as Hercules popped up at the carriage window.

"How is it that you set off before me and I still manage to get here before you?" Hercules asked with a goofy grin as he readjusted his bandana and opened up the carriage, "Come on, come on." He clicked his tongue, trying to hurry them out of the carriage, even the man driving the carriage seemed to be getting impatient.

Alex sighed and climbed out first, followed by John and lastly Lafayette. Everyone was silent, listening to the clip clopping of the large brown horse and carriage tumbling away from them, leaving them in the dirt just out front of the 'Mercy Bar'.

"Well... This place looks interesting..." John nodded quietly. Staring up at the crooked wooden sign that read, 'Mercy'.

"Okay... Everyone please be careful and don't say anything to any one. It's best if I speak." Lafayette advised them all, he wasn't a pro but he was the only person who'd actually been in this bar.

Slowly the French man pushed open the door, entering with his head down, giving shirt side glances to the people that looked at the four of them with suspicious eyes and small sneers. They didn't seem that happy to see newcomer's. Especially not dressed in the official army uniform. Brits or not the men and women in the Mercy bar didn't think to highly of police or the army, the sneers made that much obvious to the boys.

They all kept their heads down, only using sharp narrow glances around the room from time to time before adjusting their gazes back down to the floor. Once Lafayette had finally led them to the bar successfully he turned to the bartender and swallowed, the French man pushed the letter across to the bar, "We're looking for Johann," he told the grizzly looking bartender who read the letter with narrowed eyes. Slowly he looked at the other men that had accompanied him. He let out a grunt and indicated for them to follow him, leading the soldiers through a door by the bar and tapping on another door, the door of the owner.

"Come in," The voice of an old man croaks, the four men held their heads high as the bartender grunted and shoved the letter back into Lafayette's hand before scuttling off back to he bar.

Alexander went first, opening and holding the door open. On a chair behind a desk sat a man, deep wrinkles encased his face and a sword rested behind him, hanging from a wall. "Can I help you?" He asked with narrowed eyes. Although the boys couldn't see, his hand rested on a gun beneath the table.

The man was dressed in simple clothing, brown pants and leather boots with a cream shirt but his well-shaven face and the decoration's around the room made it rather obvious he had money.

Lafayette took a deep breath before taking a few steps forward, clutching the letter nervously in his hands. "Please sir... We need your help, Y/N told us to come here..." He but his bottom lip and handed him the letter.

The man was silent, as he read the letter, "So you're Johann?" Alexander asked after a moment, raising a brow at him.

Johann nodded, "That's me, although people call me John, John Lavien," he stood up and outstretched his hand to anyone who'd shake it.

Wooo I finally wrote it 😂 oh shush, you all love me really.

Anyways! I know this isn't exactly historically correct cause this dude died in 1771 but it's my story and i want him alive XD.

Who actually knows who Johann (John) Lavien is? Because Peter's coming as well ;) shush spoilers I know.