Chapter 31: Johanne

As soon as the words left Johannes mouth Alex pulled his hand back, a mixture of anger and disgust filled his face. "We don't need your help." He instantly growled and stepped away from him.

The rest of the group stood with perplexed and confused faces, "Alexander? Who is he?" Lafayette asked first, his head tilted to one side and his curly mess of a hair moving with him.

"Okay laddy, I can tell you've heard a lot about me..." Johanne nodded and sat back down in his seat, he spoke in a soft British voice, which left the others a little on edge.

"This... This is the man my mother ran from." Alex hissed with disgust and backed away from him, more on edge then before. "My mother's ex husband..."

Johanne sighed and picked up the glasses that rested on his desk in front of him, gently cleaning them before placing them upon his face. "You're mother chose to leave me. She chose to leave Peter and I. The only good thing that came from it was that she chose to be with James. James was a good man and took care of her..."

Alex's face was filled with shock and fury, "James left and kidnapped my sister when I was ten! He left us with nothing!" He hissed furiously, looking as if he was about to deck the old man, until John rested a hand on his shoulder. "Lex... Calm down... We need him to find Y/N."

Alex stared into John's eyes for a moment before nodding meekly and grumbling stepping away from them quietly as Lafayette more or less took the lead.

"Please sir, do you know where she is? Or what's happened to her?" Lafayette asked softly, his kind brown eyes filled with sadness, fear and worry all rolled into one.

"Yes... But also no. I know who can find her, but I can't tell you where she is." Johanne shook his head and tapped his aged fingers on the oak desk as he thought, his face revealing nothing. "She's a good person Y/N... Well, as good as someone in this profession can be," he sighed before chuckling, "Go back to your camp, someone will meet you there later in the day, hopefully he'll have information on where she is. I recommend you listen to him, as cocky as he is, he knows what he's doing."

Lafayette looked crestfallen, "Is that all you can tell us?" He asked with wide eyes and a tilted head, hurt and disbelief laced him voice. "Please! The English will kill her! Do you not understand what will happen to her if we don't get to her first!"

Johanne stood, showing his true height as he stood over Lafayette and the others. "Son, don't speak to me like that. Y/N is like a daughter to me, but there's dangers to getting her, and I want every danger checked out before I risk having others killed. Y/N can take care of herself." He growled softly, "Now leave. Peter will be at your tent soon. Just be patient." He pulled out a gun and aimed it at the men, "Now I won't ask again."

Hercules didn't hesitate to quickly rush them out, he knew a fight, especially here would end with them all being strung up above the bar.

The French boy was muttering and swearing softly as he marched out of the bar with the three others. "We can't just sit on our asses and wait for someone to show up! It might be too late! They could kill her before we get there!"

"Lafayette we have no choice," John sighed and climbed into a carriage that had stopped, "We have no clue where she is, we can't storm every English camp there is, not only would Washington kill us, but so would the god damn English... We've just got to wait for that person..."

Yooooo

So I'm back, idk how long for, really wanted to write for some reason, happy I did honestly.

Sorry this is a little short but I still did some writing so that's gotta be worth something!

Word count: 697