Chapter 36: YorkTown

The fury that was on Y/N's face was as clear as the shock and horror that filled Alex's and Lafayette's face as she stormed into the tent.

She didn't speak for the first few moments. Spluttering at their weak attempts for hello's. "I know you sent me to away to keep me out of this." She finally said, moving over to her cot and pulling open her personal trunk. Her voice was oddly calm, dressing herself in her uniform as she listened to Alex.

"No! Y/N it's not what it seems like, I-, we, thought you'd be safer helping Eliza, we didn't want you to get hurt." Alex tried to explain as he watched Y/N sheathe her sword and equip herself properly with guns.

"Safer? Safer? Alexander James Hamilton, I have fought every dang day of my life to get to where I am! I have more enemies then I can count and I have slaughtered enough people to know I'm going straight to hell. And one day I will die. And I can't control that. But I can control how I die and when I die. I can put myself in the situations that I would be proud to die in. And this. This battle. Is something I'd be proud to die in! I do not appreciate any of your attempts to stop me!" Y/N hissed poking Alex's chest angrily, she looked to the rather sheepish Lafayette. He was a fearless warrior but even he cowered at her temper. "And you..." She shook her head with a disgusted look. "I loved you because you seemed to see me as your equal. You respected me... Clearly what I say doesn't actually matter to you." She muttered and stormed out. Ignoring her brother and Lafayette's shouts and pleas. Y/N was on the verge of tears but refused to turn around and talk anymore to them... She was stubborn and didn't want them to see her cry over this. Especially seeing she had a war to help end.

"Hercules! you Irish asswipe, don't you dare fucking talk to me!" Y/N yelled as she stormed into the stables, grabbing one of the free horses and riding off to the battle, knowing Washington was leading currently.

Alex's

In the kindest way I can put this. Alexander is fucked.

He felt angry, pitiful, he felt as if this was his fault. A sick gnawing feeling had filled at the pit of his stomach, making him truly feel queasy. What if that was the last time he ever saw his sister? What if she died? He knew he'd only be able to blame himself if his sister died.

Alex sighed as he sat down on the his cot. "I thought that would work... I thought if we get her away from here she'd be okay... She always seems to get herself hurt when she's at camp."

Lafayette rubbed his face, and groaned, "We should have known it was never going to work, even if she didn't come back there's no chance we'd be able to hide the entire fight from her, just feel lucky she came near the end. Washington said he thinks there's only another day or so of fighting then we'll have finished the English... Your sister, Y/N will survive this, I know she will."

"LAFAYETTE WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT MY SISTER?" Alex yelled out in anger, standing back up, "You say you love her! But if you love her you'd have stopped her from going out onto that battlefield! You'd have made her stay at Eliza's! You'd have done more to keep her safe!" He shouted at the French man.

Lafayette looked startled at first, not being able to properly register what had just been said, well shouted at him by someone he considered his closest friend. "Allez en enfer Alex. Vous pouvez parfois être un vrai trou du cul." He spat with a sour look on his face, walking out of the tent, simply to get away from Alex. "Je ne blâme pas John d'être parti maintenant." Was the last thing he muttered as he left, knowing it would hurt Alex.

(Go to hell Alex. You can be a real Arse hole sometimes.)

(I don't blame John for going now.)

Y'all I'm going to be honest, I have no idea how I'm meant to write the battle so if you don't mind I'm going to skip it. Let's just say you beat everyone's butts and drove the English out of America!