Chapter 33: Rescued... But not safe

The doctor had a withered face, he'd seen and watched many battles, seen many atrocities. Maybe the fact he helped them made him just as bad. He didn't care, he was to old to care about trivial things like that. He only saw one goal in his life time, to heal and save as many people as he could, while looking out for his own hide.

He rubbed his eyes as looked down at the knocked out woman in front of him, her chest heaving softly as she slept. He could only guess sleep was her escape from this hell. He had to remember not to displace from his mind who she actually was, not that he was told anything about her. But she must be dangerous to a degree. Especially if she was tied to the cot in such a way.

"I can take an educated guess on what's wrong with her, you say she's been throwing up all day and night since you got her here?" The doctor asked and ran a hand through his salt and pepper speckled beard. "Her vitals seem fine and she hasn't got a fever... You can't execute her, not if she's as I think." He stood up and looked at the British Sargent.

"You actually think she may be-" The sargent couldn't even finish his sentence when a long sword came through his neck, splattering Lafayette in blood as he pulled the sword back, breathing heavily, his veins felt as if they were filled with adrenaline as he raced forward and shot the shocked doctor in the face without even thinking.

The rest of the group were silently doing their best to kill what ended up being a rather small camp of Englanders.

"Oh my baby..." Lafayette whispered as he walked towards Y/N, her face covered in bruises from the beatings, her wrists bleeding slightly from fighting the ropes. "What did they do to you..." He sighed softly and bent down a little, cutting through her ropes and picking her up gently, holding her to his chest as he carried her, placing her on his horse.

"I've got Y/N! Finish up and I'll meet you back at camp! And make sure you're not followed!" Lafayette shouted and readied his horse before racing off back to camp. Leaving the others to destroy the English place.

Elsewhere

James watched silently from afar, he almost knew something like this would happen, he was certainly proud of her. Yes, maybe he could have gone after her, he certainly had the abilities and weapons to kill them all. But where would the fun be in killing them all right now? Maybe later...

He pulled his hat down a little further as he watched his younger brother raiding and searching the guards for anything useful. James had his pay and as such was happy.

"I will never understand you Jamesy." Peter sighed as he moved to stand next to James. Both out of sight of the others. His caramel eyes glancing around cautiously.

"What can I say Peter? I'm a man who thinks of money. I saw an opportunity on which I could make double." He chuckled and lit a cigar as he watched lazily.

"And this opportunity was worth giving your sister into the British authorities? Letting them beat her? Letting them go to hang her?" He asked with a raised brow, "Where you never taught about family? Keeping one and other safe?" Peter sounded almost disguted with a disappointing tone mixed in, as if lecturing James.

"Family means nothing. She stopped being family when she left with... Him." James hissed softly walking towards his hitched horse.

"We both know she had no choice at that time, what she'd have had to do if she stayed!" Peter shook his head and climbed onto his own horse.

"If family mattered to her then she'd have stayed regardless." James muttered and left. Leaving Peter sat on his horse, watching him ride away quietly. Finally he sighed and began to ride down the hill, back into sight of Y/N's friends. "There's none hiding up there!" Peter exclaimed loudly.

What do you all think thennnnn?

Word count: 700