XXIX) Reeve Tuesti

SUPER SORRY FOR THE SUDDEN HIATUS! MY LAPTOP BROKE AND I HAD TO WAIT FOR A NEW ONE TO COME AND THEN SOMEHOW I MIRACULOUSLY WOUND UP IN A SORORITY AND HAD TO FOCUS ON ALL THAT AND MY STUDIES AND MY JOB, BUT I'M BACK!

AGAIN, SUPER DUPER SORRY!

A roar greets my ears over the sound of the fight and Galian Beast leaps toward the helicopter. He rips the metal plating to shreds before dropping back to the ground. The chopper lifts higher into the air, unleashing a spray of bullets. Ruka yelps and hides behind a nearby fruit stand. I fire a trio of arrows into the helicopter's guns. It bursts into flames, pieces of the weapon chipping away and clattering to ground.

A missile sails my way and I dive to left, landing on my leg wrong and falling to the ground as a sickening crunch echoes through my body. #$%^. Three more projectiles are launched, but something snatches me up by the collar of my shirt and throws me out of the way. Galian's golden eyes flash my way before he rushes at the chopped yet again, a burst of fire flaring from his claws. Parts of the helicopter melt away from the intense heat, alarms blaring loudly over our heads.

Down drops a group of soldiers, all armed with guns. I spot the barrels of gasoline lined up behind them, which were once being prepared to fuel the city's main machinery. I summon Sacrifice and fire a series of flaming arrows at the barrels, creating a chain reaction of explosions and killing the soldiers off. The helicopter lowers once more, setting off a final round of missiles. Galian races toward me and swiftly lifts me up, diving behind a towering brick wall as the smoke shields our escape.

Is Vince awake in there?

Not necessarily. Galian is the tamest of his forms.

That's because they're not connected the same way as we are.

Precisely.

I shudder at the idea of Hojo performing some odd séance in his lab after he'd killed me for the one-millionth time and sigh as Galian sets me down onto the ground. The demon's indigo fur shifts under his brilliant white mane as he watches me look over my injuries. I glance up, staring back at intense golden eyes. His nose twitches and I fight a smile. Maybe that's why I like Vincent so much; he's part dog.

"You ever gonna let him come back?" There's a long moment of silence and I huff, looking back down at my injury. All the potions we had were in my bag, which was just blown to smithereens about an hour or so ago. I summon one of those stupid-idea-arrows to my hand and take a deep breath before plunging the glittering stick into my thigh, gritting my teeth as the momentary pain subsides and the arrow melts away, transforming into a healing spell.

He says he will return soon.

What?

Galian. He answered your question.

What the...?

I glance up at the beast before frowning at the ground.

You can hear him?

You can't?

Obviously not.

"When?" I ask out loud, looking back up at the weaker form of Chaos's power. "We kind of need to get a move on and I don't know where we're going. Vince's my human GPS."

Soon.

Wow, that's helpful.

If you want his exact words, he said that his host's mate would be returning quickly.