The case is on!

I had started to feel bored so I was sorting out my mind place. It was tedious work but it was keeping my mind from being bored. Suddenly I was sucked out! It took me a moment to realise what/who had brought me out. I had received a text. Perfect, I was getting to the point of boredom again. But, unfortunately, luck was not on my side, it was Mycroft.

BROTHER MINE. URGENT AT THE HOSPITAL LITTLE WINGING, SURREY
-LMH

It took me longer than I'd ever admit to realise this was urgent. Mycroft never uses his full title unless it's an emergency.

I threw my coat and scarf on and shouted 'John! The game awaits!' He rushed downstairs and grabbed his coat and then we hailed a cab. 'The hospital little winging, Surrey as quick as possible.'
I vanished into my mind place immediately to work out why we where needed; not a murder, only amateurs do that in hospitals or leave a survivor. Mycroft doesn't get involved with such things...

Once again I was jerked out of my mind place, we were there. Mycroft was pacing in the lobby as we arrived.
'Ahhh! Brother mine come' he led us up to a child's room? He led us in...

The sight that greeted our eyes was worse than any murder and even I the great Sherlock Holmes would have nightmares about it for the rest of my life. A small boy of what looked to be 3 years old but was actually 5 was linked to monitors and an automated breathing machine. He had more bandage showing than his skin, was deeply malnourished, had at least 3 ribs broken, 1 fractured wrist, a broken arm and a broken leg, 3rd-degree burns and a damaged skull.

'You see' said Mycroft 'he was found like this stumbling around his neighbourhood by a local man. Who luckily was one of my men he then had the good foresight to phone me straight away. Immediately I had him brought here and texted you on my own way here.
'Why me? I don't see how I can be of any help.'
'I trust only you with finding the culprit as you would see if you could see the boys forehead'
'But...but that would mean...you don't mean that's? *Mycroft nodded* I will find out who did this but, I cannot promise they will be safe'
'Sherlock you must not, or else I cannot send them to the punishment they deserve.' Mycroft looked pained to say that but brightened up a bit as he said 'But if he happened to fall over and in doing so broke their nose no one could blame us. You are now DI Inspector Holmes of the yard solving the murder of a young boy in the area. He was found at private drive playground. This is a one time opportunity. You know what's at stake! This is a one time opportunity here are your uniforms. GO! We headed to the toilets.