The making of Everett Holmes

'Mycroft I've decided, I want to adopt him.'
'But brother... sentiment is a default found on the losing side?'
'Then I don't mind losing!' I dragged Mycroft outside so Harry didn't wake up 'That Dursley did one thing right, he showed me that that motto is wrong that idiot has never shown sentiment to Harry and now he's rightfully on the losing side, in prison for the rest of his days! And you don't listen to that motto either! You may not have a goldfish, but let me have mine!'
'I'll get your paperwork but he'll have to have a new name.'
'Deal!'
Phew! That went well.
'Wait Mycroft' I ran down to him 'I don't want the bumblebee to know so blood adoption is the best bet and can you get McGonagall, Mrs Hudson, Madam Pomfrey and Sev here!'
'Of course brother dearest, and I have a feeling you also want the boy's godfathers apart from the rat.'
'If it's not too much trouble.'
'Only if I'm godfather too.'
'That was a given as well as Lestrade I suppose. And that's only seen as I know  he's gonna be the only one that's good with kids apart from Moony that is because he's amazing with Harry.'
'Yes well, I'll go collect the mentioned people.' I nodded and headed back to my post by Harry's side.

It's been two weeks and he's still not woken up Mycroft's managed to get everyone but my last two friends staying in London close by. McGonagall, Mrs Hudson and madam Pomfrey take shifts to sit with me and everyone else isn't allowed in yet apart from John he has been a Godsend! He's the only one who doesn't make a fuss he just brings new clothes, food, coffee and goes to murder scenes for me and straps a camera on and wears the earpiece so I can tell him what to do and I don't get bored. That man is the absolute best. It also makes sure we still have money to treat Harry. He may also have gone shopping for me and harry. Mycroft also pops over once on a while to inform me how the Padfoot situation is going. He is also talking to Moony about how it was the rat. Then they don't kill each other in front of Harry.

I don't even dare go into my mind place in case he wakes up and thinks I'm ignoring him...

'Sherlock?'
'Harry! How are you feeling buddy?'
'Good. How long have I been asleep?'
'4 weeks.'
'And you've been here the whole time?'
'Yup I'd never leave you!'
'Thank you' I could tell he wanted to say something but was too scared to say it.
'Harry say whatever you can say whatever you want and I'll never get mad or hurt you ok?'
'Ok Sherlock, why are you still here? I don't deserve that. And why haven't you slept? You look terrible!' Then he looked mortified and started saying sorry repeatedly.
'Hey it's ok, it's fine and I will never leave you! Ok?'
'Ok, Sherlock.'
'Now I've been thinking and how would you like to come and live with me?'
'That would be soooooooooooooooooo amazing I clean really well!'
'Hey, there's no cleaning for you to do ever. Ok? Oh, and you'll be in your own bedroom.'
'My own? Really?'
'Yup, only the best for you!'
'Wow Thank you, Sherlock!'
'But the thing is ... How would you like to become a Holmes-Potter you don't have to...'
'I'd love to Sherlock! Can I call you dad or Papa?'
'Yes yes I'd love that but how about Dad because James was your Papa?'
'Sounds good Dad!'
'Can I change my name to something cool like you and Mycroft?'
'Sure you can! How about you use your dad's first name James like I have my dad's name William? *he nodded enthusiastically* We need a cool middle name. How about Slade, Hadrian or Everett?'
'Can I have Everett then Slade?'
'Sure thing! That suits you so well but, what would you like us to call you?'
'Everett please Dad.' I was so proud of him.
'Very good that suits you so much!'
'Can you get Uncle Mycroft?'
'Of course but can I also get my best friend too?'
'Ok Dad'
I text Mycroft:

Harry wants you and bring John-SH

'They'll be here soon. So what do you enjoy doing?'
'Reading, using my Superpower, learning, cooking, the swings and music. I've always wanted to learn the violin and piano.'
'Well, I've got lots of books and guess what.'
'What?'