The banker study

I was just getting back from a weekend at Father's as he had most of the week off and Uncle Lestrade was already getting super annoyed with him, by the time I got there Friday night I could smell the baking. I headed straight to the kitchen, which is quickly becoming my second favourite room in this house, my favourite being the music room obviously. 

I walked into about 10 different puddings laying on the counter. It was around 5 o'clock so I removed my coat, unbuttoned my waistcoat and rolled up my sleeves. I walk in just as Father finishes the cinnamon swirls he was working on.

'Oh hello, Everett. Fancy a treat before you start? Also you sure about making dinner we could always go out or order in?'

'Hi Father, yes I am sure I've been researching this one for weeks. I would like one if you don't mind, which would you suggest? I don't think I've had any of them.'

'Alright fine, these cinnamon swirls are lovely while still warm. Here.' and we stood eating one each opposite each other. Father was the most untidy I'd ever seen him, he was in a crumpled shirt and trousers, his hair was in a state of disarray and he had flour streaks all over his face. We made lasagne that night and then had cinnamon swirls for breakfast the following day, then Father and I took a small picnic to the local park and fed the geese and ducks while he taught me all about the surrounding nature and animals, we spent the day there and met Uncle Lestrade in one of the many fancy restaurants Father frequents. then we spent yesterday in the music room and playing pirates, it almost felt a shame to come back to 221B but Father is going back to work today and Uncle Lestrade is at a press conference about Dad's last case. Poor man. He drops me off at 221B on his way. open the door just as Uncle John arrives. We both head upstairs 'you took your time. Hey Everett, go unpack.'

Sherlock's pov

Everett runs off as John explains 'yeah I didn't get the shopping.' 'What? Why not?' 'Because I had a row in the shop with a chip and PIN machine.' 'You... You had a row with a machine?' 'Sort of. It sat there and I shouted abuse. Have you got any cash?' 'Take my card.' He walks towards it then doubles back just as Everett re-enters the room 'You could always go yourself, you know, you've been sitting there all morning and you haven't even moved since I left!' Everett snorted quietly 'And what happened about that case you were offered, the Jaria diamond?' 'Not interested' I lied snapping my book shut, another snort slightly louder this time as I kick the sword further under my chair 'I sent them a message.' John found a scratch on the table next to my wallet *sighing* 'Holmes.' and that was what took him over the edge Everett proper starts belly laughing. John doesn't even question it. He just heads back to the shop. While Everett and I talk about our weekends it sounds like Mycroft is trying to pass on the teachings of our old mutual teacher. And to hear he was relaxing was good too, he's been far too stressed about the political situation at the minute.

Everett and I had just exited our lab and I'm looking at my emails as John came down the stairs with all the shopping. 'Don't worry about me, I can manage.' He sets the shopping down and turns to me as Everett begins putting it all away in his specific ordering system. 'Is that my computer?' 'Of course' 'What?' 'Mine was in the bedroom.' And not that I'll admit it I like seeing what new password he comes up with. 'What and you couldn't be bothered to get up? It's password protected.' 'In a manner of speaking it took me less than a minute to guess yours, not exactly Fort Nox.' 'Right. Thank you.' and he snatched it away. Then he sees the bills stacked in a corner 'Need to get a job.' Really why would I lower myself to something as low as a menial job 'Oh dull.' 'Listen um... If you'd be able to lend me some... Sherlock, are you listening?' 'I need to go to the bank' 

I set off to get mine and Everett's coat, a small of mine John got him as a joke but he doesn't stop wearing the damn thing, although he has found his own Holmes-style rather than just wearing miniature versions of mine and Mycroft's; he has a coat like mine a waistcoat like Mycroft and a shirt. He has his hair like mine but a tad less curly. The perfect mix of both of us. I hand it to him and wink he gets the most excited I've seen him since he got adopted. John grabs his coat and we hail a cab to the bank.