Mycroft and the perils of baybysitting

Mycroft and Everett had seen Sherlock off not 10 minutes earlier. Sherlock had been fussing till Everett reminded him that he'd be fine and that the longer he stayed the more the body would be tainted by Anderson's idiocy which he instantly pecked Everett on the head, issued a last death threat to me about keeping him safe and was out the door into the waiting taxi.
'So Uncle Myc, Dad says you play the piano?'
'Yes. Do you wish to learn?'
'I mean if you have the time? If not I don't mind' he said all of a sudden bashful.
'I'll tell you what give me an hour or so then we'll have our first lesson ok? Has your Dad started your violin lessons yet?'
'That sounds amazing. He didn't have to teach me. He'd bought me one when we first got home and he had gone to St Bart's for some reason and Uncle John was downstairs cooking so I picked it up and an hour or so I had taught myself some basic nursery rhymes Dudley used to listen to. He then taught me what each position was called and how to read sheet music. I'm hoping the piano will be a bit harder.'
'Wow, a truly remarkable feat. I tell you what I'll show you where the piano is and you'll have all the time that I'm working to try it. Ok?'
'That sounds good Uncle Myc.'
'First I'll give you a house tour so you know where everything is as one day I hope this will be like a second home to you since you'll be round here whenever you want your always welcome here. Do you understand?'
'Yes thank you, Uncle Myc.'
'Anytime day or night. I mean it you're a Holmes now and we have each other's six.'
'Six??'
'Like your back, it's where it'd be on a clock.' Everett nodded understanding.

*skip house tour because I cannot be bothered just know he has his own room next to Mycroft and Greg's room.*

They come to a beautiful mahogany piano in a room full of instruments.

'This is the music room, none of the other instruments are played but if you wish to you may use them at your own leisure.'

I then retreated to my office to work with the video feed for the music room up. I needed to contact my man on Privet drive about the court case and to see what he knew about Everett of course. I had emailed him to set up a video chat appointment for today as I knew that I couldn't talk to him at work, the Diogenes Club was not private enough to ensure Everett's safety and anyone could walk in from work and he didn't want to invite the man to his house so he decided this was the best option.

The man entered the chat.

'Good evening Agent Howard'
'Good evening sir, is he alright?'
'He is doing very well.'
'As you know the court case for the Dursleys is coming up are you ready?'
'Yes, sir I'll be there to give my testament.'
'Good. Now did you have any other interactions with the young man?'
'Which one? The young boy with green eyes used to come up to me frequently when he was about 3 and ask for Myc. I don't know who that is so I used to turn him down. Then he'd go off all confused and upset. I keep trying to find Myc but I don't know his full name or anything and I don't think the kid did either so I can't. I think he's the kid's Uncle.'
'It was definitely Myc he was looking for?' My head was spinning he remembered me? And the fact that he'd deduced Howard was one of my men at the age of 3 was amazing.
'Yup, do you know him?'
'I do believe so.' This was surreal.
'Good please set up a meeting for the kid, he's a good lad. And tell him I said hello please.'
'Of course good bye.'
'See you later sir.'
I got on with some more work for a while then turned back to the video feed Everett was playing the piano with obvious vigour I turned up the volume, it wasn't a known price or at least anything I recognised and yet it was composed beautifully and it seemed to tell a tale of great sorrow before finding joy. I sat enraptured. Then the music stopped. He was looking at the Oboe.

 He was looking at the Oboe