magic??!!

John and Greg headed to the pub for their weekly moan, I listened once all they do is complain about their respective Holmes. Honestly, it's best they do this or they start complaining to us!
So Everett, Sherlock and I headed to 221B to meet with our guests.

sherlock's pov

Once in Mycroft's car, I spoke up 'So Everett we're going home to meet a couple of people that have only seen you when you were small ok? And there'll be some you've never met.'
'OK.'
We pulled up to 221b and walked up to our living room and there was; mummy, dad, McGonagall, Mooney and Severus. I glared at Mycroft as I didn't know my parents were going to be here. Then I felt a death grip on my leg and I looked down to see Everett clinging to me for dear life. I asked Mycroft if they could give us a minute and took Everett outside while Mycroft stayed inside to explain.
'Hey, Everett what's wrong?'
'T...t...too many.'
He started hyperventilating so I shouted for Mycroft and said 'Hey, it's ok jut try to match my breathing put your hand on my chest, that's it and breath with me in, out, in, out...yes that's it good job.'
I sat on the floor and he came and sat with me, then Mycroft came out, took one look at us and joined us on the floor. 'Hey, it's ok.' Everett then launched himself at the two of us in one big hug. It was rather nice actually I haven't hugged Mycroft since he left for university. Eventually we all relaxed and I turned to Everett 'Do you think you can go back in there? Will it help if we tell you who everyone is beforehand?'
'I'm alright I remember Uncle Mooney and Grandma Minnie from a photograph of her, Mum and Papa. Can you introduce everyone when we go in and could I maybe hold your hands...no that's childish sorry I shouldn't have as...' Mycroft interrupted him 'Hey if you want to hold our hands that's fine it's not childish, your Uncle Lestrade (as you like to call him) and I hold hands all the time. And your Farther and I used to a lot when we were your age.'
'Ok' So both of us held out a hand for him to grab and in we walked.

'Hi, my names James Everett Slade Potter-Holmes but I prefer to be called Everett what's your names. No, wait your Uncle Mooney, Grandma Minnie, Dad and Uncle Myc's mum and dad and Mum's friend Severus?' Each looked astounded apart from Mummy she just beamed. Everett took another step back towards Mycroft and I. And automatically we took a step closer to him in case he needs us. Mummy stepped closer 'Hey Everett I'm your Grandma, you are very good at deducting just like Mycroft when he was younger, your Dad took a little longer to catch on but he is still very smart. How do you like being a Holmes then?'
'It's really good Grandma Dad and Uncle John are very nice and I had a sleepover at Uncle Myc's house yesterday. We cooked then played and I learnt the piano!'
'Wow! Uncle Myc hey?' She gave Mycroft a look 'You must be pretty special for your Uncle Myc to let you call him that you see I'm not even allowed to call him Myc.'
Mycroft cut in 'Of course he's special he's a Holmes and no you still can't call me that you named me Mycroft please continue to struggle to the end. Now Everett this here is your Grandad.'
'How do you do Everett?'
'Very good thank you, Grandad. Hia Uncle Mooney!'
'How did you know that?'
'I remember you, you and Uncle Padfoot used to stay with me and you'd read me stories and feed me chocolate when no one was looking.'
'So I did.' 'So what's the important thing you're all here to tell me?' 'Well' I started and decided to be blunt 'your magic' Mummy, Mooney and McGonagall all facepalmed. Everett turned serious 'Aunt 'Tunia always said magic isn't real and Uncle V...V...Vernon always started it again when I even mentioned anything strange? But then how could Mummy and Papa die in a car crash if they're magic? Unless they didn't die in a car crash...' his eyes glossed over and a mysterious wind picked up around the room taking all loose items with it, that's when Mycroft and I realised that he must be having a flashback to when they died so as all the other adults filtered out we knelt down next to him, neither of us touching him while he was out of it in case he thought we were his "Uncle". He must've locked this memory up until now and this set him off. After 10 minutes or so he came back round to the present and started crying 'Everett can your Uncle Myc and I hug you?' I said softly. He nodded and we both embraced him after another 10 minutes he must've calmed down as the wind stopped and everything dropped to the floor. Everett began talking into our shoulders 'I heard Papa shout of Mummy to take me and run as he(?) was there, then a cold voice uttered what must've been a killing spell(?) and there was a loud thud meanwhile mum was chanting in what must've been Latin till a black-robed man walked into the room that I think was my nursery. He offered to spare her life for mine she refused so he killed her. Then he pointed a specially carved stick at me- a wand maybe? and used the spell again on me too but a golden shield rose up and protected me. Then the green light bounced back on him and he disappeared and the house started falling apart. A few hours later a massive bearded man picked me up and we saw Uncle Padfoot at the door by Papa who was on the floor dead, he wanted to take me but apparently hairy was on Dumblebee(?)'s orders so Uncle Padfoot offered his bike to Hairy and he took me to No4 and a White bearded man left me on the doorstep with a tiny blanket and a letter for about 5h till Aunt Petunia came for the milk. Then I was immediately shoved in my cupboard.' I just pulled him closer. Hearing the night of my best friends death was hard enough but witnessing it must be much worse! And to think they denied Mooney's, Sirius' and my rights as Godfather, McGonagall's right as grandmother Alice's as godmother to do this is appalling. Right we needed to get this sorted ASAP. 'Everett I'd like to officially adopt you today if that's ok?' 'I'd love that Dad!' 'Ok let's tidy up a bit in here, let everyone back in and we'll explain a bit more about the wizarding world then we'll go, ok?' 'That sounds good!'

Time skip they tell him all about the wizarding world and their perceptions of Everett

'So you all have magic?' 'I don't but your Uncle Myc and my parents do. I met your farter at the balls all of the so-called "purebloods" have and your mother used to live down the road from me along with Severus here. We all used to be best friends.' 'Mum always said she'd forgiven you Severus when she'd tell me of you and papa always said he regretted what he did to you.' 'Thank you.' 'Now Everett.' Mycroft cut in 'Your Grandma Minnie and Uncle Mooney are coming with us because 1 We need a bit of security as your famous in that world, we will make you look different using a glamour but we can't be too careful and 2 they need to witness and agree to the adoption as part of your family, ok?' 'Ok Uncle Myc!'