●☆Chapter 10☆●

I knew Lachlan was trying to get through to me, I could hear his voice somewhere in the back of my mind but all I could really hear was Dylan and Simon's haunting calls, reminding me of who I really was. I was a slut, who would go running back to them.

Lachlan's hands were around my waist, he was shaking me and trying to get me back but any time his fingers touched my body it was Dylan or Simon, their arms around my waist or their hands down my boxers. I knew I was screaming, my mouth was open but I couldn't hear any sound.

I could only hear them.

"-ikk! Vikk please! I'm here, you're safe!" Lachlan's voice cracked in fear, it sounded like he was crying.

Funnily enough that was what brought me back into the real world, the fact that Lachlan was crying. It wasn't his words or his touch, it was the fact that he was in pain and crying for me that made me snap out of it because I didn't want him to hurt!

I met his beautiful blue eyes and that were now red and puffy and blinked slowly, looking around the room. It wasn't dark any longer, sunlight was peeking in through the curtains and it was outlining the back of Lachlan's head, making him look like he was glowing.

He sniffled and wiped his eyes fiercely, looking away from me for a second. His shoulders were shaking with sobs and even though I barely had the strength to keep my eyes open I leaned forwards and hugged him tightly, feeling him rest his chin on his shoulder.

Slowly, gingerly, his arms snaked around my waist, waiting for any reaction from me. Although I internally wanted to scream but now any pair of arms that were bigger than mine were Dylan's or Simon's I let him because it was Lachlan and I trusted him.

He sighed in relief and squeezed me tightly, almost making me choke but I managed to hold it back. I'm safe. I reminded myself, closing my eyes. It's Lachlan, he would never hurt me, never. I'm safe.

When we pulled away Lachlan gently used his thumb to wipe some of the tears away, one hand resting gently in the crook of my neck.

"Please Vikk." He whispered, caressing my cheek. I shuddered and he pulled away. "Tell me, what happened? Don't lie to me anymore, I want to help."

I choked on my words, I physically couldn't get them out. It wasn't just me, my brain didn't want to speak about it but it was for his safety too because I knew if he knew then he would go and confront Dylan and that would only end in disaster.

"I- I can't!" I cried, rocking back and forth. My hands were clamped back over my ears because I could see them again, every time I thought about it they would come back. "They're everywhere!"

Lachlan froze, he didn't know what to do. His movements stuttered, his hands reached for me and then he stopped, his eyes wide and afraid. He wasn't in control, that was what scared him.

"Come back to me Starboy." He whispered, his fingers inches from mine. "I need you."

Something stirred in me. Dylan and Simon had never called me Starboy, they didn't know. That name I associated with something else, not with them and that name had some level of safety that I didn't have with my own.

"That's it." Lachlan whispered, still not touching me. "Come back Starboy, come back to me."

I blinked lowly, rubbing my eyes gently. Pausing for a few seconds I waited until I was sure that the hallucinations weren't going to come back and I breathed a sigh of relief, my lip quivering.

"Are you alright now?" Lachlan asked, finally taking my hand.

"I think- think so." I sniffled, gently resting my head on his shoulder. I was shaking and could barely hold myself up because I was so tired, scared and broken.

"Do you think you're ready to tell me Vikk? It's not good to keep it inside." Slowly I nodded, my brain finally catching up with me. He deserved to know, especially after I had just had a panic attack on top of him and he had gotten so worried for me.

"I think.... you deserve to know what happened." I mumbled, trying to gather my thoughts together. "In 10th grade I had a boyfriend and for a little while at least I really liked him. But then I found out that he only dated me because of a dare so we broke up and I never spoke to him again."

Lachlan nodded along to what I was saying, squeezing my hand.

"But a couple of months ago... I think it must have been the day before I met you I saw him again and he..." I choked on words, even just thinking about it made me want to be sick. "He tried to rape me."

I saw the disgust and horror on his face, the sadness in his eyes and he hugged me close and I saw tears stinging the corners of his eyes. He was crying, for me.

"That's not all of it." I whispered, closing my eyes. I didn't want to think about it, I could see him all over again. "When you arrived.... Dylan took a liking to you and when he saw us talking, he threatened me. He threatened to hurt me and he threated to hurt you if I kept talking to you, and that was why I stopped talking to you."

"That- I swear to fucking god, I knew there was something more! I knew he was hiding something!" I flinched and close my eyes.

"But... y-yesterday some-something even worse happened." I stuttered, nausea welling up inside me. "Dylan got ahold of your p-phone and he fo-found out that we'd been texting and...."

The tears welled up and suddenly I couldn't speak, all I could see was him, his hands, his arms, his eyes, his touch. I shuddered.

"He- he attacked me... he- he beat m-me up..." I let out a painful cry and began to rock back and forwards, digging my nails into my wrist to try and ground myself again. "He- tri-tried to rape me... bu-but it was worse...rse than Simon... he hurt me!"

Lachlan's arms snaked around my shoulders, pulling me close all over again. I was crying so heavily that I couldn't see, my chest was heaving and I couldn't breathe and within a second I was having a panic attack, my heart was pounding and there was sweat pouring down my forehead.

"Can- can't- I can't- breathe!" I panted, panicking. "A-ahhhh!"

And then I felt a pair of gentle lips on mine, Lachlan was kissing me and air was filling my lungs, I could breathe again. My eyes flickered closed and I passed out.