●☆Chapter 14☆●

There wasn't much to do sitting a dank and musty room other than to plan my escape, so that's what I did. Lachlan never said a word but I saw the way he stared off into the distance blankly, the way his lip trembled whenever he took in the smell of the room and how he itched so much, trying to get rid of the feeling of his touch.

I knew the feeling all too well, first it was Simon and then it was Dylan but for some reason, knowing that Dylan had taken my innocence while I was unconscious, didn't effect me as much as I thought it would. Sure, there was that deep hatred coursing through my veins for what he did to Lachlan but because I didn't remember it there was nothing there to think about.

Remembering the first time was bad enough, I shuddered and wanted to be sick every time I thought about his hands sliding into my boxers but for the second time, there was nothing. The image I had ingrained in my mind was him standing over me, not him raping me, and that made it less real.

Somehow, it was all just a dream.

Hours might have passed but I didn't know. I wasn't paying attention enough to see the daylight outside slip into night as the light filtering through the curtains faded and we were plunged into darkness. Or that was what it felt like anyway, one second it was light and the next it was night but that wasn't reality.

Reality and time warped until they weren't real. Shadows danced in front of me, taunting me because I was trapped with nowhere to run. Lachlan's body became cold, only for me to blink awake again and realise that he was lying beside me, still and silent as a statue but still very much alive.

Demons plagued me, jolting me awake just as I thought everything was alright but still it was silent. There was no movement other than tree branches banging against the window outside and Lachlan's slow breathing; no sound other than the howling wind.

There were no signs of human life, in other words, no signs of Dylan.

I thought I heard something just as the golden rays of light were peaking through the curtains, the first signs of dawn. Lachlan stared at the ground, no movement suggesting that he had heard anything so I realised that I was probably imagining it. Maybe madness was setting in?

My ears perked up. Footsteps maybe? I strained to hear anything but there was nothing.

And then there was something.

It started small, footsteps and hushed voices and then it turned to yelling and running, something smashed and I felt the vomit rising in my throat because I knew both of those voices. Lachlan curled up small, he knew who one of them was as well.

"We had a deal!" Dylan screamed, getting closer to our door.

"Yeah, that deal was you give me him to have some fun with and then you let him go, not FUCKING KIDNAP HIM!" Simon screamed back, both trying to be louder than the other.

"You wanted to KEEP HIM and I've given you that! THE DEAL'S STILL ON, I'VE FULFILLED MY SIDE, NOW YOU KEEP YOURS!" I heard a slap echo through the hallway.

"I'm not getting involved in this." Simon hissed, making me strain to hear what he was saying. "I could get life in prison and I'm not risking my life so you can get your pet."

He spat out the last part and although I couldn't see Dylan, I could picture the look on his face. Rage and anger, his shoulders tensed and veins popping from his forehead. It wasn't a nice picture.

"Keep them both, I won't report it. I know for a fact you won't be able to let them go, so have fun." And with that he stormed off down the stairs, leaving Lachlan and I to huddle together, scared and confused, and for Dylan to let out a low growl that made me tremble.

He needed something to take his anger out on, and I didn't doubt that it would be either me or Lachlan who bore the worst of it. Lachlan shuffled closer, the chain rattling as he did so.

"Vikk...?" He whispered, his voice hoarse and strained, speaking for the first time since the words 'it hurt.' "If something happens.... I love you."

I blinked, startled, but the words were real. I looked up at him, those same sky blue eyes that I had admired so much when I first met him were filled with unshed tears and my heart sank. As much as the hope buried deep in my chest told me that it might be alright, my heart told me that it wasn't going to be.

Dylan was capable of killing us, no matter how much anyone tried to deny it.

"I love you too Lachlan." I whispered, finally finding that courage that I needed to find so long ago, that would have been useful in standing up to the boy who could end my life very soon. "I love you too."

Both of us looked away for a second, my eyes flickering towards the door that I knew Dylan was standing behind. He was probably listening to our conversation, waiting until we were done confessing our love for the other before destroying it forever.

Then I turned back and did something that I knew I might never have the opportunity to do again, especially if it all panned out the way I thought it might. There was no help coming, no way to get out. I couldn't walk, Lachlan was chained. It was hopeless.

I turned my head, leaned up and pressed my lips firmly against his, feeling love explode in my chest. His lips were soft but chapped, dry but so beautiful and the only thing I could feel was him, his body pressed flush against mine and his lips pushing back against my own.

It was a kiss of passion and love but underneath that there was a layer of fear because this might be the only kiss we ever get to have. I wasn't sure how long we held it, but we pulled away too soon, too fast and suddenly I was back in that room all over again, my body aching and Dylan a few metres away behind some planks of wood.

"Please Lachlan." I whispered, begging, my eyes meeting his. "I need you."