●☆Chapter 11☆●

"Hey Vikk." A strained voice whispered in my ear, Lachlan's hand running gently down my arm. I groaned, squinting. "It's good to see you back."

I blinked slowly and looked around the room, tired and sore but at the same time I was refreshed and relaxed. I could feel the tears dried on my face and I rubbed them off slowly, pushing myself back into a sitting position and looking around.

Lachlan was sitting on the end of the bed looking at me, hunched over and worried and it made my heart pang because he looked so scared for me but also like he wanted to hug me so tightly that I couldn't breathe. He let out an uneasy breath when I yawned.

"Are you alright?" He asked, sneaking closer to me. I nodded and sighed, stretching my body after what was probably hours lying on the bed in a not very comfortable position. "We've got school, you skipped yesterday but I'll stay with you if you don't want to go."

I jolted, shit. Dylan had attached me after school on a Monday and I must have skipped Tuesday, Lachlan stayed over Tuesday night and now it was Wednesday morning, meaning there were 3 more school days left in the week.

As much as it made me sick thinking about it, I really didn't want to go because I didn't want to face him, I dragged myself from the bed, eyeing my body. There were still bruises covering my arms and stomach and I shuddered, I could still feel his fingers on me, even though they weren't really there.

Lachlan saw the look on my face and held out his arms for me to fall into, which I did gladly. I was still scared and just his general closeness made me feel a little better because he wasn't Dylan or Simon, the way he held me different, he smelt differently and mostly importantly he wasn't forcing me to do anything. He made sure that I knew that anything I chose to do was my choice and my choice alone.

I hesitated before speaking, but I knew it was the right choice.

"I don't think I'm ready to go back just yet." He smiled and nodded, his hand running up and down my arm comfortably.

"And that's alright. We'll just have a relaxing day, watch a movie, lie in bed all day and just do nothing. Is that alright?" I smiled at the thought of a day like that, I hadn't had one of them in so long.

Obviously I lived alone, most of the time at least. I was living in my own apartment that was paid for by the money my parents left when they went overseas trying to find a better life. They sent back money often to pay for rent and food and all of the bills and I didn't have to worry about a job for now as they wanted me to focus on my schooling.

"That sounds good." Lachlan took my hand and after making me pull a pair of trackpants on to keep warm, as I had only been in a hoodie and boxers, we both headed downstairs into the living room.

Lachlan bumbled around in the kitchen for a few minutes, making some popcorn and grabbing some other food to gorge ourselves silly on for the day and then we settled down, both under a thick blanket together. I chose the first movie and then Lachlan the second and we went on like that until eventually, Lachlan closed his eyes and drifted off to sleep.

I smiled to myself as his head leaned heavily onto my shoulder, soft snores falling from his mouth. He was obviously exhausted, he must have stayed up most of the night before when I had passed out and I didn't want to interrupt his sleep anymore, so I turned to volume of the movie down and settled into a more comfortable position.

Lachlan's head ended up resting on my chest and without even realising I started to run my fingers through his thick blonde hair, smiling to myself when it earned sleepy smiles.

Bored, I pulled my phone from my pocket and started scrolling through my social media and messages. The first one I saw was from Rob, several texts over several days since Tuesday.

Rob-a-dob-flob: Vikkkkkkkk where are you? Preston and I are going on a date again.

Rob-a-dob-flob: Why aren't you at school? Dylan's looking really pleased with himself.

Rob-a-dob-flob: Lachlan doesn't know where you are either.

Rob-a-dob-flob: Why aren't you replying? Are you hurt?

Rob-a-dob-flob: Dudeeeeee this is the second day, Lachlan isn't here either, where are you????

Rob-a-dob-flob: I can't get a hold of him either.

Rob-a-dob-flob: Dylan's pissed.

Rob-a-dob-flob: Preston wants to know where you are, he needs help with his bio homework.

Rob-a-dob-flob: Vikk?

Rob-a-dob-flob: Are you mad at me?

Rob-a-dob-flob: Please Vikk I'm getting really worried, neither you or Lachlan are replying, Dylan's pissed, none of the teachers know what's going on and Preston and I are scared. Is it something either one of us did?

I considered what to say for quite a while before coming out with a short text that explained everything but also nothing at the same time.

LittleVikkyStar: No I'm not mad at you, no it wasn't anything you did, Lachlan's with me and we're both fine. Don't know when I'll be back at school.

I got a reply in less than a minute but I ignored it, instead going to my emails and checking the ones from my manager. He had emailed me a couple of times with potential improvements to my songs and although I knew I should be getting back onto that I just didn't have the energy or motivation.

I replied saying I would get onto it soon but that something had come up and that it would be a while before I could get back into it.

My social media, or Starboy's social media rather, was an absolute mess. I hadn't posted anything in two days and people had gone nuts, wondering if I'd died or quit, but the shitstorm was only just beginning. Most of my Instagram was in black and white and because I wanted to update them, tell them that I was alive but not okay, I pulled up the camera app.

Snapping a picture of my bruised arm, my finger curled up weakly, I posted it with a caption Just when I thought it was getting better. I was being purposely vague but someone would work it out, every time someone worked out exactly what I meant even if I hardly alluded to it.

Someone would know something bad had happened and soon everyone would.

The replies came in thick and fast, many people asking if I was alright, a lot of questions about what had happened and a lot of sympathy coming in my way. I scoffed, no one gave Vikk sympathy unless it was- I glanced down at the boy, still fast asleep- Lachlan.

I then tweeted out that yes, I was okay but no, I would likely be not very active for a little while I recovered but not to worry, I wasn't dead.

I breathed out a sigh of relief and then turned back to the television, absentmindedly petting Lachlan's hair. Looking down at my bruised arms I thought to myself about the future, what would it be like?

This wasn't something I could get over in a night, in a week or even in a year but maybe, someday, it would just be an event that occurred, that came and went. I hoped it would be.

"It'll be alright Vikk." I mumbled to myself, not realising that Lachlan was listening in. "One day it'll be alright."