●☆Chapter 26☆●

After Lachlan's confession both of us just laid tangled together on the bed, limbs intertwined, and eventually the two of us fell asleep. Lachlan passed out first, he was simply exhausted from all of the emotion and tears and I knew I must have followed not long after because I woke up just as the dawn was creeping in through the curtains.

Lachlan was still asleep but there were dried tear tracks on his cheeks, telling me that he must have woken up, upset, during the night. I gently traced his cheek with the back of my finger and to my surprise and also my happiness he gently pushed his head back against my hand, still sleeping.

"Morning Lachy." I mumbled, just as he opened his eyes for the first time. His baby blue eyes met mine and I saw them light up, a small smile gracing his face for a couple of seconds before a yawn interrupted him.

"Hey." His voice was raspy and it made me go bright red, burying my head in the duvet for a few minutes until I wasn't embarrassed anymore.

We spent the rest of the morning in silence, a comfortable silence, while we wandered round the house and tried to eat breakfast and just tried to think of something to do. Lachlan was a little unsettled, he was jumpy and wide-eyed any time I stepped into the room but I left him alone.

I knew if he wanted to talk then he would talk to me but if he wanted to keep it a secret, not tell me because it was too personal, then that was fine as well. It was his decision and I respected his privacy because I wanted him to know that he could come to me with anything, whenever, whatever it was.

It was in the middle of the afternoon when he came into my bedroom where I was lying on my bed with my laptop on my lap. I looked up when he came in, giving him a smile.

"Hey Lachy, what's up?" He gave me a wobbly smile in return and I sat up at once, patting the bed beside me for him to sit down. I was on alert at once, something was off.

"I- I need to talk to you." He whispered, hardly wanting to look me in the eye. "I can't keep in anymore and I don't think there's anyone else I can tell."

"Talk to me then." I said softly, reaching out and taking his hand. "Tell me what's going on inside your head, get it off your chest."

He sighed deeply and thought for a few seconds, steeling himself to speak. I could see the confliction in his eyes and I knew he was being so brave to tell me about whatever he was going to because I could see the fear and apprehension and hesitation in his eyes and his physical body language as well, his shaking hands and his darting glances.

"I want to tell you what Dylan did to me."

I physically balked and Lachlan flinched, his lip trembling. I immediately went to comfort him because I hadn't meant to react like that, but I didn't think he would ever tell me about what had happened. I thought he would never be able to tell me because of how clammed up he was whenever anyone mentioned what had happened.

It took me a few seconds but eventually I calmed down enough to think straight and Lachlan was no longer shaking, before I spoke.

"Tell me. If you need to get it off your chest, tell me. I'll be listening, it's just I wasn't expecting that you'd be ready to talk about it now, I thought you'd keep it inside." He shook his head.

"I don't think I am ready to talk about it." He mused sadly. "But I can't not tell anyone. I can't have no one know."

After that we sat in silence for a little while, while Lachlan gathered his thoughts and recited what he was going to say in his head. I could tell because he was mouthing words, not many of which I was able to catch. Finally he spoke up.

"I was just going to look for you when I first saw, I hadn't seen you all day and it was only a couple of minutes after the bell rung... I hung around waiting for you. Dylan must have taken you back to his and he... he grabbed me just as I was heading to class."

He breathed deeply, his eyes flickering.

"You were unconscious in the room. He- he..." He started to sob now, burying his head in my hands. I crawled up close to him, hugging him close while I waited for him to speak again. "He raped me."

He looked like he was going to be physically sick and he had gone as pale as a sheet of paper.

"Lach-" He shook his head.

"Don't." He whispered. "I don't think I'm gonna be able to say it if you interrupt me." I nodded and sat back, waiting for him to talk again. "You woke up not long after and then... when we were separated was worse. He... he did it again and again and he made me sick and he wouldn't stop!"

This time he cried out and slammed his fists into the bed, so angry and sad and upset that I wanted to lean over and hug him but I didn't because I knew he wanted to keep talking.

"He just... he just kept going and no matter how much I screamed and fought he wouldn't stop!" He cried into his hands, angry tears falling down his cheeks. He let out a frustrated cry. "And for the first while I just pushed it out of my head but now..."

"I don't feel safe anymore..." He whispered, the anger in his voice finally fading. "I can't sleep, I can't think of anything but what happened and even though he's in jail I still can't help but think he's going to get out... he's going to come back and get me. And you."

And you.

Those words stuck with me for quite a while, even after everything.

And you.