●☆Chapter 15☆●

I wished I had the opportunity to say more to him, to tell him that it would be alright, to reassure him that I would see him again, no matter what my heart tried to tell me. But I didn't get that chance, even though I was screaming for him to stay strong as I was dragged away.

He cried out for me, but the last image I had of Lachlan was him tugging desperately at the chain, screaming my name as the door was slammed in my face. Dylan dragged me backwards out of the room by my hair, leaving me twisting and screaming in pain but there was nothing I could do to et out of his grip, no matter what I tried.

Dylan threw me onto the ground in the garage and I scrambled away from him as far as I could go, backing up against the wall with my hands up in front of my face. The look on his face was terrifying and I knew he was going to hurt me, bad.

"Because that boy doesn't want to keep his side of our deal, I'll get something out of you before I.... dispose... of you." He said dispose with such malice that I shuddered. "I've already done too much that if I'm caught it'll be the end, so might as well go all out."

He pulled a chain from a draw behind him and reached around my waist, tying it so tight with a padlock that I could barely breathe. I cried out in pain as he tightened it again, smirking at my pain, and then he turned and left me lying on the floor.

I watched him go, bewildered and scared. He turned and smirked back at me, waving sarcastically in my direction before slamming the door in my face.

I slumped against the wall, barely breathing, confused, cold and scared. He wasn't going after me? My heart sank and I screamed out loud when I realised that Lachlan was going to bear the brunt of his attack, simply because Dylan liked him more. He was going to destroy him and then come back and kill me.

There was silence for a little while, only wind howling outside again but this time there was no Lachlan curled up beside me and it made the anxiety rise inside me. I didn't know what was happening to him and I wanted to be beside him, it made me nervous just to not know what was going on.

And then I heard his scream.

It was a scream of pain and fear and it echoed throughout the entire house, bouncing off the walls and making its way to my ears. I cried out, desperate for him to hear me, but I knew he wouldn't be able to. I could hear things outside the room but no one could hear my own scream.

I sobbed and screamed for him, I could still hear his cries and desperate screams of pain and I kicked at the chins, tearing myself apart to try and free myself. But the chains didn't budge. No matter how much I tugged and screamed and fought, nothing moved.

I cried out desperately as I heard him scream again, collapsing onto the ground, shaking and terrified.

The screaming went on and on, screams of pain and I sometimes caught some words, mostly stop. It went on for hours and the only thing I could do was tug on the chains, scream for Lachlan, hoping he'd hear me, and cry. Oh how I cried.

"Please..." I whispered, begging for his sake. "Please, spare him."

-----------------------------------------------------------

I think I must have passed out because I blinked open my eyes when it was dark, no more light coming in through the only window in the room. It was completely silent, no more screaming, no more shouting, nothing.

For a few minutes I thought the worst, was Lachlan okay? He wasn't making any sort of noise anymore so I didn't know if he was okay, if he was hurt, hell, if he was even alive. I knew Dylan had a capacity to kill, he had threatened to kill me and I had no doubt he would, but would he kill Lachlan? He was "in love" with the boy, but either fate was bad for him, dead or alive.

I shuddered, blinking in the dim light. I was freezing and barely wanted to move, all I could think of was for the boy somewhere upstairs, maybe alive and maybe dead. I prayed that he was okay, that he was alive. I knew he wasn't unharmed.

At first nothing happened, there was silence and nothing more, but then I started to hear things outside the house. Footsteps, hushed voices and then... the door upstairs slammed open, running footsteps of multiple people, yelling and screaming.

I was terrified.

Desperately I tried to crawl away into the corner but the chain stopped me from reaching it, so I had to stop. I made do by curling up against the wall, covering my head with my hands and panicked gasps escaping from my mouth as I tried to make sense of what was going on.

The yelling grew louder and I jolted upright when I heard gunshots, my head swinging around desperately, trying to find out where they were coming from. Hope leapt in my heart when I heard the cry of "Police!" but something told me that something wasn't right.

I was scared, I wanted to believe it was all a dream. I wanted to believe that I asleep or maybe recording a new song, I wasn't stuck in Dylan's garage and Lachlan wasn't upstairs being tormented. Yeah, he was safe at home too, nothing was happening.

My eyes flickered closed and I blocked at the noises around me, pretending it wasn't happening. I didn't notice the gunshots going off, I didn't hear the people storming around the house, I didn't hear the screams of pain, I didn't hear the door open.

I didn't hear the footsteps coming over to me, I didn't feel the hand on my shoulder and the voice whispering my name in my ear.

"Vikk? Vikram? Hey, you're safe now kid, you're safe now." I was held in someone's arms and the chain was broken with a pair of pliers. I was then scooped up and rushed outside into the cold air, unresponsive and barely keeping my eyes open.

"You're safe now kid."