●☆Chapter 20☆●

I was so busy with Lachlan that I almost forgot that Starboy even existed. Vikk had suddenly taken precedence over Starboy for almost the first time since he had existed in my life and it was strange, because normally Starboy was all I thought of and now he didn't even seem to matter.

Lachlan was asleep on my lap when I checked Starboy's social media for the first time almost a week and a half after we had been rescued. It was a shit-show, the fans were all panicking and asking where I was and if I was hurt and what had happened,

At first I wasn't sure what I should do, I knew they were all panicking and I knew I had to give them something to tell them that I was, you know, alive, but I wasn't sure what to give them. A photo? Maybe? Yeah, that could work.

I took the phone that I had been given, both mine and Lachlan's phones had been destroyed by Dylan, and pulled up the camera app, taking a photo of Lachlan and my leg's tangled together. It was incredibly obvious that we were in hospital, the edges of the hospital gowns, the metal edge of the bed and the pale blue lino floors of the room. They would get it.

Before I posted it I waited until Lachlan woke up, I wanted to ask him if he was okay with me posting the photo. No one would be able to tell who it was but it was still on a public account with millions of followers and there was always a chance that someone would work it out.

"I'm alright with it Vikky." He said quietly when I showed him the photo I had taken. "It's anonymous, it'll be fine."

With his permission I finally posted it, giving my fans the first indication that I was alive since the day Lachlan and I were taken. And they went crazy, spamming comments underneath my photo which I had posted on both Instagram and Twitter, making up conspiracies as to what had happened to me.

The image was captioned: Gone for a while I know, might not be back for another while. Explanation soon. Maybe.

Lachlan watched over my shoulder as the comments and likes rolled in, sitting in silence as his eyes scrolled over the words appearing on the screen. Sometimes he squeezed my hand whenever he saw someone guessing who it was or what had happened but no one even got close, clearly they had no idea.

"Vikk?" He asked, finally looking up. "Do you think it'll be okay someday?"

I startled a little at the question and I will admit that I had to think about for a few minutes. Finally, I nodded even though I wasn't sure of the answer myself, I wasn't sure if I believed the answer I told him.

"Yes. It'll be okay one day."

-----------------------------------------------------------

I found more comfort in song than I ever had before I found myself in hospital. Before I would sing or write song ideas or lyrics in a thick leather bound book that I would carry around in my school bag whenever I got bullied or just needed an outlet for my emotions.

Now I found myself scribbling down lyrics or humming tunes under my breath when I needed to calm myself or was a little bit scared or panicked. My leather notebook filled up page by page and soon, within a week, I found that the book was completely full with not only song lyrics and tunes but my thoughts and feelings that could be turned in lyrics one day.

Lachlan found it comforting when I hummed, whenever I found myself humming he often leaned up against me and closed his eyes, sometimes his hand creeping into mine. He had made it a habit and I found that I loved it, being so close to him and we both found comfort in just sitting there in silence, knowing that the other was there.

Something inside me had changed.

Before there was no way in hell that I ever wanted anyone to know that I was Starboy but now.... now I wanted the world to know. Everything in my life had changed, why not change it even further because my identity was something that I had control over.

Something told me that if I waited then it, my identity, would come out of its own accord and that wasn't something I wanted. I wanted control back in my life and to do that, I had to tell everyone who I was on my own terms, in my own time.

I told Lachlan about what I thought, that I should tell everyone, and he agreed.

"You should do it if that's what you feel is right Vikk." He said, his throat hoarse because he had just woken up. "I'll support you no matter what and I'll stand by you. If it's what you wanna do to get back some control and some stability, do it."

He leaned over and gently kissed my lips, making me turn a light shade of red.

That was the other thing that had changed between us, there was a blossoming love, a shy and somewhat awkward love, but it was love all the same. Something had connected between us after we went through everything together and now the bond was there I didn't think it would ever break.

We understood what the other had been through, we knew why the other woke up screaming in the middle of the night or spent hours staring at the wall simply because they didn't want to face reality. We knew what was going through the others mind when so many others didn't and that brought us closer.

"I think I will." I said, thinking intently. "I think I might tell them. We're in the final year of high school and might not be back at school until exams at least so I don't see what it could do..."

I was beginning to even like the idea of people knowing who I was, it was something that I wasn't sure what the outcome would be but I think that was what made me even more ready. I would have to tell them eventually, so why not now?

Why not now?