Alice vs Asuna - chapter 5

Suguha's eyes dart from Alice to myself and back.

She then immediately turns to my direction, where her cold eyes meet my own.

"And YOU!-

I let out a startled yelp.
"!!!"

She continues.

"You LET HER KISS YOU!?"

I respond this time in a panic.

"N-no! I would never!-

"Then, did you at least push her away!?"
my sister asks, her tone of voice full of anger.

I deserved this.

I deserved everything that I was getting.

I made Asuna cry.

Why didn't I push Alice away as soon as she held onto me? Why did I hesitate and watch as she leaned in closer? Why didn't I make my feelings for Asuna clearer to Alice?

Why am I an idiot?

Why won't Asuna look at me?

Why do I feel like I've screwed things up with Asuna?... is there a way to come back from this? Does Asuna still love me?

Then it hit me. The realization that my girlfriend might not be in love with me anymore because she feels hurt and betrayed.

I open my mouth to reply to my sister, yet another voice steps in.

Alice, I swear to God if you-

The voice that was heard was not Alice's usual monotone voice. Instead, it was a familiar soft voice that I know all too well.

It was Asuna's voice.

She answered my sister's question. She stood up from the sofa and looked into my sister's eyes, who was too busy herself, scowling at Alice, waiting for an answer to her question.

"Tell me, did my brother push you away!?"

Asuna speaks.

"No, he didn't."