Asuna's magic carpet ride | part 9

Pushed to the floor with a thud, I clench my teeth as I hear the princess let out another muffled scream in my concern.

I look up to see the sultan, standing in front of me in an intimidating pose with glowing red eyes.

I flinch as his red eyes meet mine.

What the hell?...what's wrong with his eyes?

The sultan's voice bellowed at me as he yelled. 

"Prince Kazu, you are forbidden to marry my daughter, I've heard of your intentions to harm the kingdom of Korotaro, which belonged to my queen!"

I slowly get up from the floor, clenching my stomach in pain.

"What?...what are you talking about, your majesty?"

Agil glares in my direction as Asuna continues quietly sobbing.

"You are to be banished from my kingdom to never return!", the sultan continues.

Asuna lets out a muffled scream as Agil lifts his snake staff into the air.

The sultan turns to his daughter, who is still being held by her hair, against her own will.

"My daughter shall instead marry Agil instead of Prince Kazu!"

I let out a gasp while instantly looking in the direction of the princess.

Both our eyes meet before I glare at Agil with seething anger and with a clenched fist.

Agil smirks as he notices my expression, walking up to the sultan, holding the princess's hair still in a tight grip.

The sultan stands besides Agil while Agil's snake staff is brought closer to the sultan's face.

I watch in confusion, raising an eyebrow at what was happening in front of me.

Why was the sultan saying these things?

Didn't he arrange a banquet to celebrate mine and the princess's marriage?

Didn't he approve and accept our marriage?

"The staff..." I whisper to myself while noticing how the sultan's eyes grew redder as the snake staff was brought closer near the sultan's face.

Agil growls at me while trying to attack me, pulling Asuna by her hair along with him. As he lunges at me with his snake staff, I manage to avoid his attack, while somehow being able to snatch Agil's staff from his hands. 

Agil gasps in shock and glares at me as he sees the staff in my possession.

"Give it back, boy!"

"After you let Asuna go!"

I position the staff in the air about to smash it when I hear Agil yell while slapping Asuna in the face.

"No!"

My eyes widen from seeing Asuna get slapped.

Without any hesitation, I smash the staff into pieces while yelling.

Agil screams as he watches the staff break into pieces and the staff turns to dust while the sultan snaps out of his hypnotic confusion and yells in shock.

"What is the meaning of this, Agil?!"

"My sultan, you strongly need to be aware of Prince Kazu's dark motives and-"

"My sultan, Agil was controlling you with his snake staff!"

"With his...? Unhand my daughter this instant!" he yells, as he notices Asuna being held by her hair.