A gift from Kirito's heart| Kirito x Asuna

NOTE: FEATURED ART ABOVE BY Kiriash9
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Go easy on the wrapping buddy, it took Santa a while to wrap it," Kazuto says while ruffling his son's hair, knelt down besides him.

Instead of listening to his father, the little black haired boy squeals in joy as he finds a toy truck in his wrapping paper and hugs the toy.

"And, as always, I'm talking to myself..." Kazuto says while sighing as he gets up to sit on the sofa besides his wife, who couldn't help but giggle at her husband's reaction.

"Oh, would you just let him be?...it's Christmas day after all, the only thing that would get Eugeo's attention today, is more presents."

Kazuto leans backwards into the sofa, sighing.

"It's like he likes Santa more than me..."

"Oh Kirito, well, Alice will still talk to you, right sweetheart?"

At that moment, a chesnut haired girl looks up from the floor as she was busy asembling her own doll house and nods.

"Of course daddy, I always listen to you."

Kazuto winks at his daughter.

"That's my girl."

Asuna sighs happily while putting her coffee down on the table.

"Alice, now that mummy's had her coffee break and has calm down, we can try to assemble the pool to the balcony of your dollhouse for the fifty fifth time."

"Thanks for the offer mummy, but I'd rather watch you relax happily with daddy, if that's okay."

Asuna places her hand on her chest.

"Awww sweetheart, you're so sweet, but are you sure you don't want a hand?...do you want your father to help you out?"

"Mummy, he already broke the ice skating ring while trying to put it together..."

Asuna sighs in annoyance while glaring at Kazuto with her signature glare.

"Got anything to say for yourself, mister?"

"I've survived a death game, fought monsters, survived our honeymoon night...-"

"K-KAZUTO!"

Kazuto lets out a nervous cough and yelps.

"...b-but when it comes to beating Santa in the competition for my son's attention...I can't win, Asuna...I can't win."

While Kazuto sighs in sadness, Asuna intwines her hand with his.

"It's only for a day... tomorrow you know Eugeo, he'll be craving your attention all day..."

Kazuto softly smiles.

"Yeah...oh, Asuna?"

"Hm?"

Kazuto gives Asuna a tiny blue box from his pocket while smiling softly.

"Merry Christmas, Asuna."

Asuna's eyes widen as she slowly takes the box, while blushing.

"K-Kirito..."

He nervously scratches his cheek as she opens the gift, making sure to not damage the wrapping paper.

As soon as she opens the box, her eyes widen and tear up.

Inside the box was a golden heart shaped locket, inside of it was a picture of Kazuto and Asuna when they were teenagers, Kazuto holding Asuna close in the picture.

"I-It's nothing that extravagant...but it's from my heart. I love you, Asuna, everytime you look at this, I want you to remember that."

practically in tears, while holding up the locket, Asuna looks into Kazuto's eyes with such a loving gaze.

"K-Kirito..."

"What do you think, Asuna, do you like it?"

Nodding her head multiple times, Asuna wipes her tears while lost for words, her voice slightly breaking.

"I-It's perfect..."

"Like you..." he whispers while blushing and gazing lovingly at her

"Put it on me..."

Kazuto gasps happily and nods while he takes the locket from her and holds her hair back while fastening the back of the locket, so it rests around her neck.

They both gaze into eachothers eyes, lost in the moment, about to kiss, their lips reaching closer to each other's until a loud cough from their oldest daughter snaps them back into reality.

"Mummy, daddy, Eugeo's done another accident in his pants.

Asuna and Kazuto both open their eyes and suddenly jump from realizing how close they were to kissing, to make matters more awkward, in front of their kids.

Asuna gets up from the sofa and nervously blushes while picking up Eugeo from the floor, who was now eating wrapping paper.

"Come on mister, let's go make you smell nicer again."

As Asuna left to change Eugeo upstairs, Kazuto was left abandoned on the sofa, also nervously blushing while facing both his daughters.

"Y-Yui! Did you fix up your new doll house already as well like Alice is doing?"

The girl with long black hair and gray eyes jumps into her father's lap, wrapping her arms around him in a hug.

"Yes daddy, and I love it so much!"

"Well, you deserve it, after all, you were a good girl this year so Santa knew that..." He says while petting his daughter's head.

"I was also a good girl, right daddy?" Alice says while pouting and sitting the oposite side of Kazuto.

"O-of course you were, Alice, both of you were," he exclaims as he hugs him both.

"Make room for two more!" Asuna says as she, while holding Eugeo, sits directly on Kazuto's lap which makes him groan in pain.

"I-I'm being crushed..."

Asuna and her daughters giggle at his reaction.

"Everyone, let's gang up on your father!"

"Okay!" yell both Yui and Alice in happiness as they continue sitting on their father.

Eugeo squeals in delight while in Asuna's arms while Asuna faces Kazuto and smiles at him.

"Merry Christmas, Kirito."

Asuna softly gives him a peck on the lips and rests her forehead on his.

"I love you, Kirito..." she whispers.

To Asuna's surprise, Kazuto softly holds her cheek and returns the favour by kissing her back, for a longer time.

As they pull back from the kiss, they look deep into each other's eyes with loving gazes.

"Merry Christmas, Asuna...I love you too, always have, always will." he whispers back while embracing his wife as well as hugging his two daughters and ruffling his son's hair.

_____________________________________
THE END- (of the story)