The extent of Asuna's love ~ chapter 6

The thought alone of Asuna fainting while being afraid of what's going on made my teeth clench and heart sink.

Even if I didn't know, why the hell wasn't I with her anyways after all school was over, why didn't I go on a date with her or something?

I have a feeling that this all could have been prevented somehow, I blame myself for not being with her.

"Asuna, do you know why you fainted?"

She lifts up my head with her slender hands, holds my face in both her hands and looks at me with saddened eyes.

"Yeah, I-I do."

I grab her hand.

"Tell me."

"Kirito...it's-

"Asuna, please."

She sighs deeply, her breath starting to shake.

I notice this and shake my head. I don't want to stress her further than she is now.

I give her hand a gentle squeeze. 

"Hey, never mind, I'm just glad you're ok..."

Her once forgotten smile reappears, touched by my words, a blush also appears.

I liked that look on her.

No, I loved that look she gave me.

I love seeing her happy.

I love her

"Kirito, I'm sorry if I gave you a fright."

"Hey, you're the one who's been through some scary stuff, fainting while calling for me..."

"Yeah...but I-I'm-"

I notice her blushing.

"Hm, Asuna?"

"I'm glad you came, Kirito."

"O-Of course I would Asuna, what kind of boyfriend would I be if I didn't show up knowing you're in the hospital?"

She smiles and gives me a quick peck on the lips.

I blush as she does so, when she pulls away from my lips, she rests her head on my chest in a warm embrace.

I wrap my arms around her, lie on the bed beside her and stroke her hair softly to comfort her and because I know she likes it when I do that.

As we both remain in a close embrace, I hear a knock on the door.

We both jump slightly, startled. 

A doctor wearing a white lab coat walks in carrying a clipboard with him.

We both blush at our embrace. Asuna's body becomes tense, therefore I keep my hand lightly holding hers. 

The doctor walks over to the end of the bed and checks Asuna's medical notes.

"Ah, is it Miss Yuuki?"

"Yes, that's me."

The doctor bows to greet us, then turns to me.

"Are you family?"

I clear my throat. 

"My name is Kazuto Kirigaya, her boyfriend."

The doctor smiles at us both.

"Now then Miss Yuuki, we have some interesting results from the tests you took."

Both Asuna and I tense our bodies.