chapter 4

Grand welcoming

"Amanda shall be living the main palace today.... " queen Mabel announced as the other maids murmured. Ada however seems pleased at the news.

"And shall be moving into prince Richard's chambers as his personal maid. " she concluded. I couldn't help but smile when I saw the sudden change of mood on the faces of all the maids especially Ada. She just stood there with her mouth slightly open as though she wished to say something but lost words to express herself.

After the announcement, I left to my room to park my things. I learnt from the queen that the prince was away from town on a business trip and would be back the following day. so I had enough time to get familiarized with the place.

The prince's chambers was far from the main palace building. Kind of secluded. It was a world of its own.

I settled in and cleaned my room. After cooking I remembered I had the intention of calling my mother. I looked around the living room for my phone but it wasn't there. As l got up to go up to the room to search for it then I heard a car pulling over. I went close to the window and peeped. I saw a male structure answering a phone call. He appears very tensed or angry. I could hear more of his conversation as he approached the door.

"mum! Why are you doing this? I have told you that I'm fine. You didn't have to go this far mum. "

"Yeah! But mum... Mum? Hello? "

He opened the door as I tried to move away from the window.

"were you eavesdropping me?" prince Richard inquired angrily.

"your majesty, I.. "

"Speak!" he fired at me.

"I was...coming... I mean...going..ermm"

"just shut up already!" he said holding his head. He then took a step closer to me while I took a step backwards.

He reached out to me and grabbed me. "Now you listen to me and listen good. My mum may have brought you here against my wish but I beg you, do not cross my part as you just did. I'll let this go because I have not warned you before. Stay. Away. From. Me! He shouted. He pushed pass me and stormed upstairs.

I held my chest as I gasped for air. The room was suddenly too hot for me. So I ran to my room and searched for my inhaler.

"Aaaaaaaaaah!" I held my head as I screamed.

I remember seeing a male figure rushing into my room.

****
I hate been this rude to ladies but she was eavesdropping. It wasn't enough that she had to come live here, she is also my monitor? Gosh!

I pulled my jacket and searched for my key. I'm very angry at mum. I told her not to go this far but.....

"Aaaaaaaaaah!" I jumped as I heard the shout that seem to be coming from my maid's room.

"That was her. it's her. Oh my gosh! what was that shout all about. "

It sounded so sharp. Yet with so much pain in it. I ran to her room and met that her door was opened. I rushed in and came to a halt when I saw the motionless body of the maid on the floor.

thanks for reading. please don't forget to press the star below and share. thanks again. 😘😘😘😘