Chapter 20

''Your Majesty, I'm sorry for all that the Royal household had to pass through and are still passing through. I wish I could really help but I can't! This whole thing is too demanding. It'll practically take the whole of me. I have my life ahead of me. And my son's too. However, I'll refer him to a friend who is very good too.

''There will be no need for that Amanda. I have flown my son abroad before for this same illness. He was better until your son came into the picture. I understand you have your life to live and a son to care for. Thanks for your time and audience. I shall be on my way now.

She stood and carried her bag walking  towards the door she stopped abruptly at the door. ''One more favour from you Amanda, please take care of your son's heart. It's all I have left of my grandson.  We may have lost him to the cold hands of death. But he lives on in your son. Richard told me. Bye.

She left but for like ten minutes, I was still standing there completely lost in thought until Raymond's voice brought me back.

''Mum, is grandmother gone?'' Ray asked. But I was too dumbfounded to speak I lost my voice. Tears clouded my eyes as I ran to my son and hugged him tightly. He was my son and Richard's living son too. He had the Royal heart inside of him. Little wonder he's so drawn to Richard and Richard to him. He loved Richard so much that I had to forbade him from mentioning his name in the house.

After we ran away from the palace, Ray never gave me peace. He wanted to return for Richard's sake and when I told him we weren't going back, he fell sick for two months. The drugs and injections he took wouldn't work until I told him that Richard was outside the country and that we would return to the house as soon as he returned.

''Mum, I thought grandma had come to take us back. I thought Dad Richard was back''

''Honey, Prince Richard is not your daddy.

I know mum, but I feel happy each time I call him daddy and I always feel is right. Mum please, don't try to stop me ple...

''No I won't''

''Really, so when are we going back mum...

''Look son, this is our home now, we have everything we need....

''But it does not feel like home without Dad Richard....

With that he ran upstairs leaving me more confused.

***** *** ***

''Ray! Hurry up. ''

''Yes mum I'm ready.

''Okay, give me your bag.

''No, mum! I can carry it.

''Come on sweets. You've been down for a month now. Even yesterday you fainted.

I looked at my son closely. I have never been so afraid of losing him as I was yesterday. Ever since her majesty's visit, and my conversation with ray that day, his health has been on and off. I practically go to the hospital every now and then. Worst of all was that he was refusing to eat or even speak to me. I had to get his psychologist to talk with him and after what seems like eternity, he finally said he wanted to go and spend his holiday with his dad (Richard). And that he knew I would never give in. I was advised to let him go. But of course, I couldn't let my son go alone, I had to go with him and....

''Mum!!!

''Yes sweets''

Ray stood in front of me and looked up at me ''mum, you were lost in thought again. I know you don't want me to go but I don't know why I feel this strong urge to see dad Richard. Mum, thanks for accepting to go with me, I love you mum.''

''I love you so much my sweets'' I replied with tears in my eyes. I was scared. But I couldn't explain why?

I took one last look at my house. I'll be back here in a month's time.

So I thought.....

Thanks for reading, voting commenting and sharing💐💐💐🌹