𝟬𝟮. devil refinery

CHAPTER TWO
[ season one, episode two ]
i don't need a bullet to leave them dead

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

     𝐍atalia loved the sight of the zombies getting crushed to death as their vehicles rammed them headfirst. Warren drove the military truck, leading the group from the front while the two other vehicles followed behind her. She was in the last truck with Doc and Cassandra, sitting in the back of the truck with the sharpshooter that she still doesn't know the name of.

     Honestly, she never liked the silence. It bored her for some reason. She was more of an outgoing type, even in the apocalypse. She totally hated being useless and not being able to do anything at all. So, it was surely a wonder to see her being quiet and comfortable as she sat on the cargo bed with the boy on her side, standing still as he kept watch for the zombies.

    Doc found it strange to see her like that, not hearing her complain about something random. She'd always been the reckless one back at the camp, going around random places and causing ruckus much to her amusement. She would always find a way to do something and sometimes annoy people out of their wits.

     Getting in trouble seems to be her favorite thing to do. But right now? Not so much.

     Warren suddenly swerved to the side of the road and parked the military truck, and they all stopped. Their truck was out of gas. They had no choice but to get back to their previous vehicles. Natalia sighed under her breath, and leaned over the railings of the cargo bed, watching as they inspected the wheels.

     Smoke came out of the hood, and she didn't know if that was a good thing or a bad thing. I mean, smoke usually meant something was burning. She just didn't know what was burning or if it was something she should worry about.

     Upon realizing she wasn't going to be much of a help to them since she wasn't good with vehicles, she leaned against the truck and observed in painful silence. The sharpshooter hunched over beside her as he watched the others fix whatever that was needed to be fixed. By the look on his face, he seemed to know something about it.

     However, before they could start, Natalia heard the sound of engines and wheels on the road, and it did not come from theirs.

     "Heads up," Mack warned, coming around the truck to the front. "We got company."

    Her body became alarmed, her hands wavering above one of her weapons. She looked toward where the sound came from and found two motorcycles driving past them with weird-looking guys. She most definitely did not like that disgusting look that one of them sent her. So in return, she gave him the filthiest glare she could manage, and somehow that made him look away from her.

     That's better. She scoffed under her breath, and let herself relax once they were gone. Until it lasts. The sharpshooter stayed with her throughout the whole thing since he wasn't actually the best at socializing, and he preferred to be alone and in silence. A complete opposite of Natalia Ackerman.

    New Jersey. What was once a beautiful place was now rubbles of nothing but abandoned things and pure rubbish. She stood behind Doc as he and the kid searched for something useful inside the broken-down cars. A short amused scoff escaped from her mouth when she noticed Doc stuffed a blunt cigarette inside his breast pockets.

     "So, what's your name, kid?" Doc asked the quiet sharpshooter from beside him, searching the other cars.

     Natalia looked up at that, glancing at the back of his head, waiting for an answer. She did want to know his name.