𝟬𝟰. divergent

CHAPTER FOUR
[ season two, episode three ]
i'm sorry i left but it was for the best !

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

   For once in her life, Natalia had nothing in her mind that she can think about while she walked behind her group. They ditched their vehicle after it ran out of fuel, but they had no choice but to keep going since the freaky storm seemed to be getting closer to their surrounding area.

     The entire sky looked gloomy and dark with a few rumble of lightning echoing every now and then. It added some sort of eerie feeling in the atmosphere which doesn't sound or look good at all. That's another thing she hated more than zombies. Storms and sometimes, the rain it comes with.

     "We are going the wrong direction," Murphy complained. "Again."

     "You left us no choice," Warren told him. "Too much fallout in the West."

     "Again. That was not my fault."

     "Oh shut up, dickhead."

     "Natalia, please behave." Doc sent her a look. Then he sighed. "And Murphy, don't make me have to explain the term 'failsafe doomsday weapon' again. Please."

    "How do you even know California's still there?" He retorted.

     "You're looking ripe," Vasquez muttered before shoving him. "You better hope it's still there. Move."

   The former convict turned around to face him with a disbelieving expression on his face. "You are not the boss of me. She is."

    "I can handle this." Warren clenched her jaw, approaching the man before pushing him again. The same way Vasquez did. "Move."

     "Gladly," Murphy answered, sarcasm laced in his tone as he obliged.

     "You'll get used to him," Warren told the bounty hunter before trudging after the cure of humanity.

     "Or not," Natalia mumbled, Vasquez raising an eyebrow at her.

     She rolled her eyes and flipped her butterfly knife she found back in the building where she had a fight with that police officer. It was a nice knife. But then she halted when she caught sight of smoke coming from somewhere down the hill. She stood next to Addy, watching the fire, constantly glancing at Warren and 10K standing a couple of feet from them. Near the edge of the hill, Warren borrowed the sharpshooter's sniper rifle to see whatever it was closely.

    When 10K turned around, the two made eye contact with each other for a second before breaking it off. She looked back at him and found him staring at Cassandra who wasn't very Cassandra anymore. The poor girl's being mind-controlled by Murphy, and it made her want to smash his face repeatedly against the rock he was sitting on while Cassandra massaged his back.

    She didn't budge on her feet even when Addy and Doc went over the two of them. She was left with Vasquez on her side, but then the sound of trucks and other vehicles filled her ears. It made her perched up and glanced down at the road. Natalia raised an eyebrow at what she saw. There were other people alive. She hoped it wasn't a cult. She had enough of that already.

    The half-Japanese girl craned her neck to the side from confusion when she heard faint gunshots from below as the wagon stopped. Ugh. Bandits. Last thing she knew, a few buggies followed after those poor people. Believe it or not, even if she did not want to help them, she was itching to get her hands bloody. Definitely not normal.