𝟬𝟯. white light

CHAPTER THREE
[ season two, episode two ]
are we out of the woods yet ?

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

    The world may crumble down to dust but not a single chance would Natalia give up. It's not in her blood. Well, she might've thought of it sometimes, but she never ends up doing it anyway. Her group ran after the bounty hunter who's also running after Murphy. He was pretty far ahead from them. Warren roared out his name with annoyance and frustration laced in her tone. They all felt the same.

     He never fails to prove he was a pain in the ass.

    It felt like slow motion when Murphy stopped in his tracks after a black vehicle drove in front of him. A couple of men in disguises━black masks over their faces with the drawing of white skeletons. The bounty hunter in front of them didn't hesitate to shoot at the vehicle full of unknown armed men. Meanwhile, Operation Bite Markvwent out of their sight.

    The vehicle crashed into another car, and Natalia hid behind a random car in the road along with the others. Scrambling to their feet, hiding from the enemies. They didn't exactly want to get involve with the whole thing. They just want Murphy to get his head straight and come with them like he's supposed to do in the first place.

    "Okay," Warren muttered when the bounty hunter glanced at them with a challenging expression on his face. "It's like that, then."

    It was so chaotic at first sight. Different vehicles with different group of people driving past them in slow motion, all having the same goal. Catch the Murphy.

     "Look out!"

    Natalia darted away from the car as soon as the same woman with the burgundy van, cocked her shotgun and aimed it at them. She bolted towards the other side of the road. From the corner of her eyes, she saw 10K ran off to the opposite side. The others shouting their names and reminding them about their runaway friend.

    All she could hear was gunfire and shouts everywhere she ran off to, and she was so close to losing her patience. It's going to be really bad if she loses her patience. Honestly, she didn't even know where she was going anymore, and every corner she turns to━there's always someone wanting to shoot her brains out. And so she does the same.

    She heard a loud explosion a few blocks from where she was, and she immediately bolted towards the sound where she caught sight of a Mexican guy with a bazooka in his arms. That was enough to ring the alarm bell in her head. Not only that, but she also noticed a familiar boy in a camo outfit sprawled out on the grass. Unconscious. It made her blood boiled when she put two pieces together.

    She didn't notice that Murphy had ran off again, followed by Cassandra who was always on his tail. She sprinted towards him and each time, a zombie would block her way. It didn't bother her and she simply shot them with her pistols. Natalia dropped on her knees and shook him awake. Luckily enough, he did and she let out a sigh of relief before slipping her hand underneath his head so it wouldn't hurt that much.

    Soon enough, Doc came to her aid and the two hauled him up and dragged him behind a trash can. Mack was shooting at the people shooting at them. 10K seemed disorientated as he slumped over the trash can with a pained expression on his face.

     "You scared the hell out of me, kid," Doc exclaimed.

     Natalia stood up to help the others cover for them, but it didn't stop her from glancing at the sharpshooter every now and then. Just making sure he was alright , because if he's not, that Mexican dude will face hell if she ever sees him again. Nobody hurts her friends.