𝟭𝟰. high and lows

CHAPTER FOURTEEN
[ season one, episode twelve ]
we're not the ones who're meant to follow !

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

    𝗙inding another vehicle after those jackasses fried their battery was another hard thing to do. They walked back to the blocked road, and Cassandra found some sort of radio inside a white limousine. Warren tried to contact their NSA friend with it while the others stood around her, listening intently.

     Natalia was glad that Brent and his goonies didn't take their weapons, because if they did━she would probably hunt them down until she has their heads on burning stakes. What can I say? She has a deep connection with her guns and knives. It's the only thing that keeps her sane... Well as sane as she can be.

     It took a while before Warren fixed their vehicle. They decided to just fix it since it was a pretty good vehicle, the whole thing still intact and all, and once she finished, the group began to follow their tracks to the east.

     They stopped in the middle of nowhere after losing their tracks, and Warren tried to contact their friend in the North Pole again. For some reason, the radio wouldn't work. But then their precious sharpshooter noticed the traffic sign next to him, showing some, well, signs, pointing to the right, with some other words like, OVER HERE!!

     Getting the message across was hard these days, but Citizen Z was smarter than she thought. After realizing what it meant, Warren and the others quickly went back inside the vehicle and drove to the direction where their guy advised them to go. Hopefully, they weren't far behind those bastards.

    There a sudden gunshot that echoed throughout the road while they were driving. The only person they could think of was their careless of a friend or the savior of the world. Either one works. Besides, who else could've gone this way? There weren't much people in the world now.

     Natalia was bouncing her knees up and down. She was itching to see those bastards again so she could get revenge from getting stomped on earlier. It still hurt like a bitch. Her wrist was a little sore, but nothing that she couldn't endure. Natalia had worse than a little strain on her wrist.

     "Looks like they left their truck."

     "And we're gonna do the same."

     They drove down a dry path surrounded by woods and found a familiar vehicle blocking their way further down the area. Warren parked the car behind the abandoned truck before all of them exited.

     Natalia grabbed her S&W K22, her only gun that still had bullets left in them. She received a nod from Warren and she pushed further between the brown car and the trailer with her guns up and ready to shoot. The entire place was quiet, and lied on the ground were a few dead zombies with a couple of them near a fence.

     There were no sign of those bastards.

     She crept towards the other vehicle and opened the door, immediately slamming it close when an alarm went off. Natalia cursed under her breath, slightly kicking the truck from annoyance. Soon enough, what they fear started to appear out of nowhere, the sound of snarling getting closer to where they stood.

     "Sorry." She sent them a sheepish smile after shooting the last Z that came out of nowhere because of the noise.

     "They know we're coming now," Warren sighed, and then waved at them to leave. "Let's go."

     Natalia seemed a little chipper after 10K found a mustard colored blazer that belonged to their man. That meant they were getting closer to them. One thing for sure, Murphy didn't go with those bastards willingly.