𝟬𝟴. death reaper

CHAPTER EIGHT
[ season one, episode eight ]
and i was right but i chose wrong !

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

     𝗜t had been a few days since they were surrounded by other survivors, and right now, everyone was pretty much on the brink of death. That's what starvation and thirst do to human bodies. The heat from the sun also didn't make it any better. It had been the hottest since God knows when. She doesn't even remember the date anymore.

     Somewhere in Nebraska, a few of them were sprawled out over the road, the others were either sitting or finding something that can relieve their dry throats and churning stomach. Natalia sat on the sidewalk with her face buried deep against her knees, shallow breaths escaping from her mouth every now and then. Her chest felt like it was on fire and her limbs were numb as hell.

     At times like this, they were desperate to get their hands on anything━especially food and something to drink. They were getting too weak and hallucinations were starting to get them. She even started to doubt if they could survive this, but she doesn't like the thought of dying in the middle of nowhere for someone else to feast on or find.

     None of them were exactly that exhausted. Murphy walked towards Warren as if he wasn't even affected by all of the shit that was happening before his eyes. Hell, he didn't even look tired, but somehow, he looked worse than ever. Truth to be told, he was starting to look like a literal zombie.

     Natalia wasn't even listening to them. She was too tired to function. Right this moment she wish she was back in New York, inside her dorm, on her bed, singing along to rad tunes on the radio as she drifted off to sleep. But nothing was the same anymore. Nothing will ever be the same. The world she knew was gone and nothing could ever take it back. 

     People blame all the things on the world when truthfully, they were the ones who destroyed the Earth. Humans should be the one to blame.

     She snapped out her state when she suddenly felt the ground started to rumble. Or at least that's what it felt like. There was a sound━like debris falling from the sunlit sky. When she looked up and followed everyone's gazes, she found herself getting more frustrated than panicked about it.

     "What is that? Is it an earthquake?"

     "More like a zombie quake."

     Natalia sighed loudly and dropped to her side on the ground, finding no energy within her body. She muttered a curse word under her breath, glaring at the sight of the brown clouds of dust and thousands of zombies all running towards their way without delay.

     "Goddamn guys just won't quit," Warren hissed.

     "I suggest we run for it." Murphy bolted out into a run, but he didn't get far when stopped after he realized none of them were following him. "Come on, people. Pick it up."

    "I... We... can't. Dehydrated," Warren said weakly.

     Murphy didn't take that as an answer and tried to push her to keep going. Doc began to help Cassandra up and 10K forced himself to stand up from the hot road, grabbing his belongings before dragging himself towards Natalia to help her up, too.

     "We gotta go," He mumbled.

     Natalia didn't say anything, letting out a weak sigh as she slid an arm around his waist. The duo helped each other to keep themselves upright on their foot as they began to run, not wanting to be outside when the horde of Zs arrive.