𝟭𝟳. alien huggers

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
[ season two, episode nine ]
we play in dreams as we cross through space and time !

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

     At this point, Natalia was pretty much convinced that there was no other place in the world that was not weirder than the one where she currently stood. First, it was zombie bears and now, a group of alien enthusiasts? Well, if aliens aren't as hideous as the humans pictured them to be, then she wouldn't be too scared to see them up close. If they are even real, and that's a big if. There's just no way.

     Besides, zombies are enough. Trust me, it is.

     "... We refer to ourselves as Xtronauts because we will be the first humans to explore the alien world."

    "So, um, how do you plan on doing that exactly?"

     Natalia was busy glaring back at the weird dude who greeted them by the door with a scrutinizing look on his face, that 10K had to grab her wrist and gently pulled her to his side. Urging her to take her attention from the man and towards the other one who explained about being Xtronauts and stuff she could not care about. 

     It was just plain stupid. For the second time: There's no way there could be aliens in this already fucked up world.

     "The visitors are coming to save us from the apocalypse. We have been chosen. And they're almost ready. Just six more days. Bernadette is in close contact with them."

    "Who's this Bernadette chick anyway?" Natalia asked impatiently, looking completely annoyed at the over-and-over mention of the name.

    "Yes. We've all seen them. But she's the only one they communicate with."

    "Sounds bullshit," Natalia muttered, quiet enough that no one was offended.

    Well, 10K did hear her, but he remained quiet as always, although he was pretty keen on keeping her close to him from how many of them were staring like they haven't seen other human beings as woke as them. It just doesn't sit right with him. Despite looking completely calm, he was vigilant and kept a secret lookout in case something might go wrong.

    "And Roy, the... the aliens that you communicate with, do they, by any chance, use a radio?" Addy asked, trying to take advantage of the situation.

    "Radio is far too primitive for them. They don't need our technology. They communicate with her telepathically."

    "Oh, yay. That's great, then," Natalia deadpanned. However, the alien huggers didn't seem to get it as they smiled brightly at her. It almost seemed pitiful. But I guess sometimes, in order to survive, they had to believe in something.

     "Finally, they are here." A whimsical voice of a blond woman entered their ears, breaking through the crowd with a smile on her face. "It's happening just like they said it would." 

     The woman stared at them as if they were some sort of aliens, taking a closer look at them as she closely approached Doc first since he was the closest to her. She leaned closer to his face, causing the old man to back away, his back pressing hard against the wall behind him, a little afraid of what she could do to him. Which isn't much since she didn't really look that threatening to any of them.

     "Among them will be the one the visitors are waiting for." She turned towards Warren — who was very much minding her own business until she started gawking at her face. Then she went to Vasquez, who bravely looked back at her with that tough face of his. "They said he would help us transition to the next reality."