𝟭𝟯. odyssey

CHAPTER THIRTEEN
[ season two, episode seven ]
it'll kill me if i don't figure shit out !

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

     Cassandra died before 10K even mercied her. She was gone the moment Murphy bit her on the face and turned her as his personal puppet for his own sake. It was not a privilege. It was wrong to do something like that to someone without their permission. Her close friend died back at that lab that day, and maybe that's why it didn't hurt so much when she knew 10K had ended her. She was only filled with numbness.

     10K had been quiet ever since they left the forest where Cassandra's grave lied after she died in his hands. The survivor group was now walking along a dirt path somewhere she doesn't know. Natalia lost track of where they are. She's just simply following wherever they go.

    Natalia walked behind the group along with 10K who's in front of her. She noticed that he's been boring holes into the back of Murphy's head, and both of them didn't care if it made the man uncomfortable. He deserved more than that from the things he did. If he wasn't the savior of humanity, she would've socked him in the face already. She'll get her chance, eventually.

     "The Mississippi sure ain't as mighty as it used to be," Doc sighed as he dropped his weapon to stretch his arms.

     The group stopped in front of a river. A boat was parked near a dock but there were zombies on it, bumping into each other from the small space. Warren stared at the transport. "We'll move faster on river than on foot. We can take this south to Memphis and then head west."

     "Can't we find another one?"

    "No."

    Natalia groaned under her breath, disliking the idea of riding a boat on a river. I, for one, doesn't like getting wet. She muttered a string of incoherent words, but she still followed her team to execute the zombies. It might sound ridiculous, but Natalia's kind of afraid of the water. Blame her brothers who bore unbelievable things like sea monsters, and huge ass serpents in her used to be frail mind.

     "By the way, I can't swim," Murphy retorted from behind them, causing Natalia to clench her jaw and put a bullet in one of the Z's head as the others did the same with their own weapons. Warren removed the cover on boat's floor, revealing a man who immediately placed his hands over his face in defense.

     "Whoa, whoa. Easy! I don't want any trouble," He exclaimed, still laying on the boat. She wondered; how the hell did he survive under that with zombies around him in the tight space?

    "What are you doing here?"

     "It's my boat."

     "Makes sense."

     Natalia craned her neck to the side. "It's ours now."

     "What the hell? Now wait a minute. I don't like this deal. Can we negotiate?" He said loudly, sitting up from the floor, making Vasquez cocked his gun and point the barrel at him. "Hey, listen. Listen, this boat ain't easy to operate. Well plus, I know the river. The channel patterns. I'd make a great asset."

     He convinced them with that, but he still talked too much, more than Natalia usually does, and she almost want to plug her ears with something to block his voice. Does she sound like this? She wondered. Natalia stood with her arms crossed over her chest, staring at the man with a blank look on her face as he continued to babble out nonsense.

     "Does this thing actually run?" Addy questioned, cutting of his rambling.

     "I swear it ran as soon as yesterday."