I'm not Intimidated

It was hectic. I have never seen such a small place so crowded for pastries, but Ms. Hop acted as if this is a normal day at the bakery. Will came back shortly with two baskets full of pies, I have to say I was impressed a monster like him was very strong for his age; there were three pies in each basket.

     "—I'll have one Cinnamon bunny and two of your delicious bunny-eared cupcakes,"

     "I want a tart...well—maybe a second one," 

     "A scone—the ones with the white sugar on top."

     "...and one slice of freshly baked bread..."

     With customer after customer, I had no time to waste. Despite the limited space I had behind the counter with all the pastries, I was all over the place. It seemed like every customer knew what they wanted except for a handful; I silently thank the ones that took their sweet time ordering since it gave me a moment to catch my breath.

     "Does this one come in a different flavor?"

     "Come on, what's the hold up?"

     "A slice of Butterscotch-cinnamon pie, please."

     I eventually had time to slow down a bit once the crowd had become a handful of six monsters left. I was able to finish off the last customer with a sigh of accomplishment the moment they left.

     "Finally, I thought my legs would give out!" I collapsed onto the stool behind the cash register.

     Will overheard me talking and stuck his head out of the kitchen, "Don't get your hopes up yet (y/n), it's only been two hours."

     "What!?" I look up at the clock above the kitchen doorway and sure enough Will was right; it was only ten o' clock.

     "It went by fast, didn't it? I'm surprised no one's given you trash yet for being a human working here in Toriel's place."

     I thought about what Will said and was surprised as well. I was so busy helping customers that I never had the time to worry about if they were thinking about me or if they even cared that I was human at all.    

     "You're right. Why do you think they haven't, Will?" 

     Will scoffs at me in disbelief.

     "I thought you knew since you've met Toriel," I didn't get what Will was trying to tell me. "Her husband and herself were the former rulers of the entire Underground."

     I had no words, only astonishment written all over my face.

     "Don't tell me she never told you?" Will said surprised.

     I shook my head "no" and as a result, that got Will to laugh.

     "I'm just as surprised as you are (y/n) except for different reasons; Toriel never told you that she was the former Queen!"

     Will didn't hold back his laughter causing a few wandering customers to look at him. A blush of embarrassment started to form on my face.

     "It's not my fault she never told me." I mumbled.

     Will's laughing spree had ended by Ms. Hop's shrill voice coming from the kitchen telling him to quit fooling around and help her with the last of the goodies, leaving me with the very few customers that were clearly window shopping. 

The morning whisked by as a dozen fresh cinnamon rolls were brought out by Ms. Hop who looked nowhere near exhausted. She placed the tray on top of the glass counter, tapping her foot impatiently.