Determination

I lay on the lush pillows of my overly decorated bedroom Asgore provided me, saying something along the lines of my last moments of being alive should be the best. But Asgore knew that there was nothing he could do to make my last moments be enjoyable with the feeling of a close friend's betrayal— of course, he didn't care; his empty acts of kindness were merely bringing him one step closer to becoming the most powerful monster in the Underground.

     I stare at the glowing embers of the fire, the room was hot enough without one. I rush to the bathroom connected to my suite as I filled the glass cup with water and ran back to the fire place. I splash the water onto the burning coals as I took in the hissing of the fire dying. The cycle continued to in and out of the bathroom with a small glass cup emptying itself into the fire until the flames reduced to nothing more than a pile of smoking ash. The fire was out but the room remained a hellish temperature, commutes between the bathroom and the fireplace contributed to the heat with my sweaty, breathe heaving state. I felt like I had fought the hardest battle known to man. I tried to revel in my make-believe triumph of putting out the fire but the lingering thought of Gaster continued to etch itself in the back of my mind. I laid myself in front of the fireplace as I bore my eyes into the soot in hopes my meaningless battle between the flames would bring me enough comfort before drifting off to sleep.

My night of royalty had ended shortly after I had fallen asleep in front of the fireplace and was woken up by a small yellow dinosaur in a lab coat nudging me awake. The dino stops the moment I sit up and turned to face them.

     "H-hello, I'm D-dr. Alphys... I'm here t-to take you to—"

     "Enough with the introduction lizard, she knows what you're here for." Asgore interrupts as he stood in the doorway.

     I quickly stood up and tried to hide the ruined makeup from crying myself to sleep while Asgore shaken his head in disappointment.

     "It's a shame you didn't use the bed, this was the last time you'd ever use one."

     The short scientists felt out of place between Asgore and I as we towered over her as she cleared her throat.

     "Th-this is for you. Y-you'll want t-to change w-where we're going." Alphys says with her timid voice.

     She handed me a white hospital gown with a number patched on the left side. I nodded and headed to the bathroom to change. I took the opportunity to take a quick shower before leaving all this luxury behind. I didn't take my sweet time the shower in fear Asgore would break down the door and drag me out. my damp hair clung to my face, dripping onto the dry cotton of the white gown. I take one last look at myself in the foggy mirror before taking a deep breath and opening the door.

     Asgore grinned and chuckled at my diminished appearance, my once glamorous self from last night had transformed into nothing more than a damp test subject. The drips of water were causing to reveal my red lacy underwear underneath that Asgore insisted I wear. I knew his greedy eyes were taking up the belittling sight of me as I was escorted out of the room and down to the hallway while trailed behind Alphys and I. He had guards on either side of me ready to hold me down if any ideas of fleeing came across my mind. My eyes lingered on the sight of Gaster's bedroom door as we walked by; part of me couldn't believe that he would do such a thing as betray everyone he knew— but something about it didn't seem quite right.

     The carpeted hallway floors soon left my bare feet as we left the castle entirely, exposing myself to the elements of the outside of Hotland. Not long after leaving the castle, I was soon accompanied to a growing burning sensation on the soles of my feet. I tried to ignore the pain as I continued walking but it was slowly becoming noticeable by my pace becoming eager to put one foot in front of the other and away from the unpleasant ground. Asgore, Alphys and the guards didn't seem to care that I was clearly in pain as we waited in front of an elevator door. Waiting in place was almost just as unbearable as walking but worse as I took turns keeping one foot on the ground while letting the other take a break from the heat. I looked down noticing Alphys' wasn't wearing any shoes compared to Asgore and the guards yet she remained unfazed by the heat radiating from the ground.