Epilogue

"Sans, I hope you didn't forget to call everyone that the family dinner is tonight at our place."

     "don't worry doll, I made sure everyone knew the dinner was tonight."

     "Do you think we should offer to drive Undyne and Alphys, you know, after what happened to the last two cars she totaled?"

     Sans walks around the couch before picking me up and holding me tight in his embrace.

     "since when did my doll start to worry?" Sans teases.

     "Since the moment an entire civilization of monsters left a mountain that are one-hundred years behind in everything."

     When the news came that I had freed monsters from the Underground, the surface didn't quite get the benefits they hoped, like for example, crime rate had seemingly increased overnight in overpopulated cities, more car accidents because of the massive population of monsters never had to have a driver's license in order to drive... Let's just say all monsters are currently struggling with culture shock.

     "oh c'mon doll, things haven't been that bad."

     The sound of car wheels screeching to a stop not far from the front of the house was heard. The timing couldn't have been more perfect as the doorbell rang. To no surprise, it was Undyne and Alphys at the door.

     "Heya sister! How've you been? Looks like you're still takin' care of my former boss!" She laughs.

     "i heard that!" Sans says as he leans forward in the couch to glare at Undyne.

     "Sans and I have been dating for a year now, Undyne." I say folding my arms.

     "I'm just pullin' your leg, (y/n)! Say, where's Papyrus? He's still squatting with you guys, right?"

     "Out of all the words to use, why use that one?" Papyrus' voice echoed from the kitchen.

     The conversation was now moved to the kitchen where Undyne was giving Papyrus cooking tips that he wasn't planning on using.

     The doorbell rang a second time and was happy to see that it was Toriel and Asriel.

     "Auntie (y/n)!" Asriel hugged my legs.

     "It's good to see you too, Asriel." I smiled.

     "Is uncle Sans here?" Asriel asks.

     "i'm over here little trigger man!" Sans replies from the living room.

     "He's taken quite a liking to your boyfriend hasn't he?" Toriel comments.

     I blush at hearing the words 'boyfriend' out loud. It didn't matter how long we've been dating, that word still made me embarrassed and Sans couldn't get enough of it by how flustered it makes me.

     I show Toriel to the kitchen where she could put her cinnamon butterscotch pie as I overheard Sans telling Asriel stories about when he still worked for the mafia. Sans made sure to leave out all the explicit details out but it was hard not to when Asriel knew Sans was watering down all the stories.

     "C'mon, tell me what really happened, Sans." Asriel whined.

     "maybe when you're older kiddo." Sans shrugs.

      He winks at me as I walk by with Toriel who was admiring the quaintness of our house. She was curious what we were having for dinner and wanted to see if she could help in anyway she could.

     "You don't have to help make dinner Toriel, you already went out of your way to bring a pie." I say politely.

     "Nonsense, the more the merrier." She says as she puts on an apron.