A Fifty-Fifty Chance

i couldn't believe what i was seein'; right in front of me was yet another soul that (y/n) somehow managed to find.

     "that girl has really outdone herself, hasn't she, gaster?" i felt somethin' inside me hurt. "aw geez, i've been too hard on (y/n), especially after she ruined the gang's heist between asgore tonight."

     gaster responded with a stern expression.

     "what's with that look?"

     he stayed silent and continued to stare me.

"c'mon "g", don't leave me hangin' here, why the long face?"

     "(y/n)...help you." he says pointing to the newly found soul.

     "yeah, i know she helped us."

     "...Not sorry— to (y/n)."

     'He wants you to apologize to (y/n) you dumbass.'

     i turn around and found myself face to face with chara and sneered at her familiar shrill voice.

     "you've got quite a mouth despite not having one." i scoff at the soul.

     'Says the skeleton that lacks all features for speech— and the ability to walk in the first place.'

     gaster steps in and puts his hands out so to keep my distance from chara.

     "Be nice." he says.

     "how can i to a rotten soul like her!? she's the one thing that's been stoppin' me from being with (y/n)!"

     'Oh please, you don't have a chance with (y/n).'

     "i guess she never told ya that her and i are together now..." i smirk knowin' that would annoy her.

     chara floated passed gaster, ignorin' him completely and got closer.

     'Just because two people say they are together doesn't mean they actually are— just what exactly have you done to feel like you belong with (y/n)?'

     "i could say the same to you, chara."

     'I don't need such affection from anyone, it's clear enough to me that (y/n) and I don't get along well. But there's one thing I know for sure that you'll never have that we have...'

     "and what might that be?" i growl.

     '... Compatibility; (y/n) and i work together perfectly. In fact, she relies on me. Without me, she wouldn't have had the bravery to go against yours and Papyrus' rules and leave the mansion. Without me, (y/n) wouldn't have found out about Asgore's plan. Without me, she would've never have found that soul. Without me... she is nothing.'

     i was holding back the urge to crush chara into oblivion with my bare hands.

     "she doesn't rely on anyone!" i rage.

     i could feel myself growing out of control with anger just before gaster grabbed chara with his extra set of floating hands and places her into a small, odd contraption in the shape of a heart.

      i give myself a chance to breathe and let out a deep sigh that i had been holding in.

     "thanks gaster, things could've got ugly if ya waited any longer to jump in."

     i lean back against the cold wall of the lab as i looked up at the ceiling. i cover my face with my hands and sigh once more.

     "chara's right— what good am i to (y/n) if i don't know how to show her how much i care about her and how much she means to me?"